Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scene video duration.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:44 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, as much as I like powerdirector 11, the menu system is extremely frustrating. I have just stuck three short videos together with a preset menu, all is well but in the preview the root page video plays correctly, click scenes and there are three buttons all showing their videos but these videos only play for about two seconds then freeze. I'm sure I've done this before where the videos just keep playing? Does anybody know how to get them to keep playing?
Thanks guys.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, as much as I like powerdirector 11, the menu system is extremely frustrating. I have just stuck three short videos together with a preset menu, all is well but in the preview the root page video plays correctly, click scenes and there are three buttons all showing their videos but these videos only play for about two seconds then freeze. I'm sure I've done this before where the videos just keep playing? Does anybody know how to get them to keep playing?
Thanks guys.

A lot more detail please.

Parts D, E&F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Carl, There wasn't actually a problem. When I viewed the preview there were three chapter videos being shown. They all played for 2 seconds. I assumed that's how they would show on the burnt DVD, but they didn't. The finished DVD plays them just fine. My bad.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks again Carl, There wasn't actually a problem. When I viewed the preview there were three chapter videos being shown. They all played for 2 seconds. I assumed that's how they would show on the burnt DVD, but they didn't. The finished DVD plays them just fine. My bad.

OK, Thanks for the report.

Take Previews with a big grain of salt.

In Powerdirector the proof is in the final product.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, MrBothered1, the purpose of the clips only running for two seconds(or so) is to act as a "thumbnail" An identification of the item or chapter to help you recognise it. I've often done videos this way. If the disc has just one long item on it, say, an hour and a half-to-two hours, I'll divide it into chapters, either at even intervals or at points I've determined they should be. If, however, I've made a disc which has several short items, of about 5 to 15or 20 minutes in length, I will set the chapter room to insert the chapyers at the beginning of each individual clip. At present I have a folder of clips I'm assembling of some of my activities from the year, I'll burn them to DVD later this year, when I have enough to fill one or two discs. So far the clips include my Easter camping trip, Steamfest(an event celebrating steam locomotives), Australia Day activities, a visit to my nephew's home, and one other I can't think of at the moment. So there you have it. The clips in the menu are brief reminders of what's contained on your disc. I won't make any corrections here but the errors allow you to see how the "keyboard gremlins" can make an otherwise sensible post or reply look as if it was written by an imbecile(which I'm not, by the way!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2014 01:11

mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I knew what they were, I set the three chapters and wanted the videos but didn't know if/how I could set the length of play. The preview only did a few seconds and I tried everything to change it but couldn't. I assumed (wrongly) that the preview was actually giving me a preview. Not to worry, now I know. Thanks again guys for you help and advice.