Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error e80070057 and other woes.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:44 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
This program is driving me crazy. I might have finally got the menu worked out. Now when I try to burn a disc, either to disc or a folder, I get this e80070057 error. I have looked through the forum and found a few suggestions, none of which work. I found one which said it might be the menu causing it. So I try to edit the menu. When I click on any menu and select modify it opens up with all the options full screen, IE, the menu itself isn't visible. This stays for a couple of seconds then the program crashes. I cannot change the view! I have been trying to do this video for two days now and it's getting me down.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I might have finally got the menu worked out. Now when I try to burn a disc, either to disc or a folder, I get this e80070057 error.

Try a PD supplied menu or choose no menu and see if you can create a folder.

Let us know if this is successful. What you wanted to do in your other post is easily accomplished by unchecking include the root menu and not mess with the scenes portion for those who are using PD13 or later. That feature is not included in PD11.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply,

I feel I have spent the day in the Twilight Zone. First I had the error message. I looked for an answer to that everywhere, even edited the registry, nothing worked. Then I read in these forums It might actually be the menu I made. I tried to edit that but that didn't work. Then the second problem appeared. In the menu creator all I could get was a window with the 'tools' in, right across the screen, no window to show the actual menu I was working on. This appeared for a couple of seconds then it would crash to the desktop evey single time. I tried to make a new menu, I tried to use PDs menu templates, every time was the same. I have never been so frustrated by a piece of software. After rebootin for the 2,000 th time everything just worked again!!! I could edit the menu and burn the disc, no errors. I have absolutely no idea what happened but my PC is gernerally solid as a rock?? Anyway, could you give me more ifo on PD13s menus? Have they improved it so it is more intuative to use?

Thanks again for your time.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This is not going to work if you don’t know why modifying a menu cause the PD11 software to crash. Glad that you are able to accomplish a successful burn. See this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-do66vpFeA . It is for PD13 and later.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is not going to work if you don’t know why modifying a menu cause the PD11 software to crash. Glad that you are able to accomplish a successful burn. See this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-do66vpFeA . It is for PD13 and later.

I don't think that was the problem though. At the end of all the problems, after everything just righted itself, I burned the disc without doing anything to the menu. I just thought I'd try and get it on a disc before messing with it and everything works fine. Maybe some glitch that confused the program somehow, who knows? I never changed anything on the menu then it went ok. I will try another today from scratch and see what happens. Thanks for the link.

PS, I have alrady seen that vid, might go for 13 as it seem to do more of what I want in a menu, IE, no root.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 02:56

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote might go for 13 as it seem to do more of what I want in a menu, IE, no root.

That's about the only useful enhancement that PD13 has over earlier versions. In most other respects the menu creation is just as clunky and frustrating. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64