Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor problem
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:44 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD11 with Wave Editor. I have used Wave Editor lots of times without a problem. I am trying to open it but all it does is open to an icon on the taskbar, I can't open the program. I don't want to uninstall/reinstall as I did this once before but it was a lot of hassle as Cyberlink seem to thing they only had to allow me to download it once! Even at the original price of over £60!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2015 13:22

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick question. What happens if your right click the icon on the task bar?

Do you ave any "tweaks" to your video card/monitor/WINDOWS Font settings? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A box pops up with a couple of options, like 'Close Window' and another one, can't remember. There was no way to open the program. I read somewhere to reinstall PD11 as Wave Editor was 'inside' it. After trying everything I could think of I uninstalled PD11, big mistake. I had all the hassle again of trying to find a download without any luck. I eventually got a reply from Cyberlink that gave me links to downloads, but only for a couple of days!!!! Why? I really don't understand this time limited download crap. I quite like PD11 but if I ever have to replace it it won't be with a Cyberlink product. Thanks for taking the time to help out stevek, It's all working again now.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Make a copy of the downloads to put on a disc or memory stick. Put it where you will remember where is is.

Glad it is working.

Just in case, don;t use any register cleaners; most o fht etime they cause more damage then they cure. See my tag line. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's what I did, I have a clean set of downloads in a safe place, ain't going through that again!
Thanks again.