Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the advice. I was, unintentionally, interchanging clip and track. I think I'm used to referring to audio as tracks but I understand the difference as it relates to PD.

I have learned how to unlink audio which is a nice feature. I will take your advice and experiment working with clips on various tracks.

Thanks again.
Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

So if all the video tracks are linked to the audio track, what happens if I delete a video clip of 10 seconds. Will it remove the corresponding 10 seconds of the audio track? I would not want that to happen.
Hello.

I'm new to PD as well but I was having the same problem and found this simple work around.

I stretched out the timeline so I had a place to work on the audio track. I clicked the point on the track where I wanted the volume to start fading and then I was able to drag the volume line down to fade it out.

This may not be the best solution but it was quick and seemed to work pretty well.

Good luck.

Ned.
I'm not sure if this post just got lost of if it's a dumb question. In any case can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ned
After searching the manual and forum for a similar subject, and coming up short, I decided to start a new new thread.

I'm running PD10 1129b. I do not have a history using older versions of PD.

When editing a home movie project with a music background I would like to have some clips pop up at a specific point in the song. I discovered both the timeline and beat markers, they help but they don't lock the clip down to that point. As I work on the project the clips move off point as I add/delete other clips. Adding transitions also moved the clips off mark.

Here is the basic process I used.

1. Add song (I use the bottom audio track)
2. Add timeline markers
3. Add clips to timeline markers (ex: one at the beginning, one in the middle and one at the end of the song.)
4. Add remainder of the clips that do not need to be tied to a specific point of the song.
5. Add transitions

As I added the additional clips in step 4 I found that the clips I set to markers were pushed off mark. It took a lot of patience and re-adjusting but I finally got all my clips added and my marked clips at the right point. I then added a fade transition and found that it added time to my production and again moved my clips off mark.

Is there a best practice to accomplish this task in less time and with more precise results. Should a change the order of my steps? For example should I add transitions as I go so the extra time is being accounted for during editing?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Ned
I have no solution but I do have the same problem and hope the fix comes soon.

I want to like PD10 but I've had to deal with these little issues that end up creating a time toilet.

My first project =
1. .mov files had no audio in PD10 - fixed by 1129b
2. produced to h.264 with 5.1surround checked. Sound quality was poor and video clips with adjusted speed were jittery.
3. produced to .mp4 - no sound in iTunes. Seems to work well with other players. Better quality sound than h.264 and no jitter in the clips with altered speed.

Still hoping these issues will get worked out soon.

Ned
Jeff,

That sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
Ned
Did you try making a copy of .072.mov and giving it a new name? That is all I did and for what ever reason it worked.

I wondered why the other files worked as well but I'm happy to move on to my next problem of learning how to use PD.
Ned
I have an update and good news. 1129b did solve the problem but with a twist.

After installing the 1129b patch I tried importing the two files I had tested in 1129a and found that I did have sound in the Media Room Library, which was progress, but still no sound when I moved it down into the timeline. I tried some additional files from the Casio ZR100 and I was pleased to find that they worked fine.

I decided to make copies of the two suspect .mov files using Windows. I imported the copied files into 1129b and like magic, they both worked.

I'm not sure if I was unlucky before and tested the only two files that would not work in 1129a or if those files were somehow changed by being imported to 1129a. That does not make sense to me but I don't know what happens during that import process. I'm pretty sure I tried other Casio files in 1129a but these may have been the only two I tried in the timeline.

In any case, 1129b seems to have solved my problem.

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Ned
Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Ned
Thanks again everyone for looking into this issue.

I did get a response from support this evening but they just asked for my SR and a DxDiag which I provided. With the holidays I'm guessing it could take some time to get a response.

I tried to bring the files up in my free version of PD8 which came on my PC but this version does not support .mov at all.

It sounds like my best work around for now is to convert the files to another format. Are you allowed to make product suggestions on this forum? Tony kept referring to unmentionable converters. I'm guessing CL has one but it's not a favorite of the forum members? I'll have to look around for something.

Tony, I did download your .wma file and it seems to work but I have a couple hundred clips from this camera so I think I'll look for something that will convert the entire file without extracting the audio. Any suggestions on the format I should convert too?

Thanks again.

Ned
Thanks.

I did put in a support ticket on Wednesday before I even signed up for the forum.

I have a PD8 trial version that came on my pc. I thought i would try importing to that version since the problem seems to be with 1129a. I'll save the project and see if i can open the project into PD10.

I'll let you know if it works.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Since I'm new to CL, do I just wait for a reply from support at this point?

I'm was hoping to get some editing work done during the holidays.

Thanks,

Ned
Hello,

I just purchased PD10 Ultra (10.0.0.1129a)
I'm on an Win7 64bit PC, QuadCore, 6gb RAM

I imported some video files to test and I found that with some of the files the audio is not recognized by PD10.
Files imported included .avi (worked fine) and .mov (some worked but others had no audio).
All the the .mov files that did not have audio were created with a Casio ZR100
This camera produces .mov video files using IMA-ADPCM (Stereo) for audio
These files run fine with full audio in WMP, QT and even WinLive Movie Maker
.mov files created with an iPhone work fine in PD10
While in PD10 if I right click and check properties the files with audio it shows an audio format type of ACC.
The files that do not have audio in PD10 come up as Audio File Type: Unknown

The files from the Casio do not show an audio track in the timeline either.
attached video is an example from the Casio, audio not recognized by PD10

Anyone have any ideas?
Go to: