Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio with some .mov files
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sadly, the 1129b patch has not resolved the issue for Ned's .MOV files from the Casio ZR100 in PD10 on a 64-bit OS.

... or, alternatively, it has!

Ned - that just makes it more of a mystery.

• The 072.MOV you posted still behaves the same here (audio in Media Library but not in timeline)
• Why would other files from the same camera behave differently?

During the import process nothing happens, except that PD remembers the file path to your media. The clip is not altered in any way at all.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ned Ham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 02:29 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try making a copy of .072.mov and giving it a new name? That is all I did and for what ever reason it worked.

I wondered why the other files worked as well but I'm happy to move on to my next problem of learning how to use PD.
Ned
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

I have NOW! That worked! Audio in the timeline.

That's it. I've decided. Every time I have problems with a clip, I'll just rename it "Ned"!

It's got me.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'm guessing a manual delete of your PD cache files probably would have worked too. Most likely the waveform cache from all the old messing around with the file you did was still cached (depends how you have things setup to delete in preferences). Renaming forced a new waveform cache to be generated and things are now fine.

Jeff
Ned Ham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 02:29 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,

That sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
Ned

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2012 13:32

Bo_JustMe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2010 07:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
@ynotfish :
>> It's a PD10 64-bit issue. ...

No it isn't. I have exactly the same problem with PD9.
My PD9 does not recognise the audio in .mov files.
I import them in the library, play the imported files and there is audio.
If I transfer them on the timeline, then there is no audio track.
(And no audio when playing the timeline.)

I solved my problem, but I don't know how...
I updated PD9 to build 3305 from 2011-09-16, and I used the trick mentioned before on this forum, I renamed my .mov files.
After renaming I re-imported them into the library and inserted them in the timeline, and YESSS. Problem solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2013 05:07