Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 Production for iPhone has no audio in Apple
paul0227 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 22:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Issue submitted to CyberLink.
[Post New]
Do the admins or support people ever respond on the boards? What are the usernames of the ones that usually respond?

I want to make sure I don't miss a post with an actual support response. (sarcasm /off)

I tried a few custom profiles with no luck either. I was able to get the sound in iTunes, but it does not work on the iDevices.
paul0227 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 22:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I will post any reply I get from Support here, if I get one.

How were you able to get sound in iTunes? Whereas older MP4s I created with another program have audio all the way around, my PD10 production does not play audio on my iPhone or in iTunes.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do the admins or support people ever respond on the boards? What are the usernames of the ones that usually respond?

I want to make sure I don't miss a post with an actual support response. (sarcasm /off)

I tried a few custom profiles with no luck either. I was able to get the sound in iTunes, but it does not work on the iDevices.

The only person that watches this forum is the moderator, Dafydd. He is an editor just like the rest of us.

He does report to Cyberlink sometimes, That does not mean Cyberlink will do anything.

If you want support from Cyberlink you must make a support ticket.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote: I will post any reply I get from Support here, if I get one.

How were you able to get sound in iTunes? Whereas older MP4s I created with another program have audio all the way around, my PD10 production does not play audio on my iPhone or in iTunes.

Oddly enough, when I renamed the file from MP4 to MOV, it would have sound, but then the iDevices will not recognize the video.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I had a report back today. The issue is being looked into and hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch release.
My ref 316.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator.
David Griffiths [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winchester, UK Joined: Dec 31, 2011 04:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Cool, how frequently are these patches released do you know and would that be likely to update the trial version available on the download site?

(Although I've just gone and purchased a copy of PD9 off eBay after reading that the issue does not occur there!)

Cheers,

Dave
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave,
I'm concerned you have purchased off Ebay and you may then run into Activation issues. Please read: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18172.page

CyberLink will be keen to resolve the iPhone video playback issue but I don't have any knowledge of their patch release dates. The trial is usually fixed about the same time.

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2012 04:46

David Griffiths [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winchester, UK Joined: Dec 31, 2011 04:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd, it says it's brand new and unopened so hopefully should be ok. Cost $30.

Cheers,

Dave
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd, it says it's brand new and unopened so hopefully should be ok. Cost $30.

Cheers,

Dave

I hope you do not have any problem with a copy bought from E-Bay.

If you buy from one of these approved sellers, Cyberlink will support the Software.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

$30 is too cheap, almost sure to have a problem with activation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2012 10:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ned Ham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 02:29 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have no solution but I do have the same problem and hope the fix comes soon.

I want to like PD10 but I've had to deal with these little issues that end up creating a time toilet.

My first project =
1. .mov files had no audio in PD10 - fixed by 1129b
2. produced to h.264 with 5.1surround checked. Sound quality was poor and video clips with adjusted speed were jittery.
3. produced to .mp4 - no sound in iTunes. Seems to work well with other players. Better quality sound than h.264 and no jitter in the clips with altered speed.

Still hoping these issues will get worked out soon.

Ned
MrG11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2011 15:12 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
This is a followup on an earlier issue I added to the forum in December. I originally reported the missing audio issue for MP4 files produced for iTunes and the iPad to Cyberlink on 12/18/11, support ticket #CS001091534. They are still working on the problem. I recently sent another message to them, ticket #CS001119929, trying to see if they would give me access to Power Director 9 while I'm waiting for a resolution the the problem in PD10. From what I've read on this forum PD9 produces videos for the iPad that have sound. Never really got any response to that query. They just told me again that the problem is being worked on. So it's been 3 months since I first reported the problem to them. Hope they get it resolved soon. I still have a working copy of PD8. It does produce usable MP4 files for the iPad, but they're low resolution. I've found the iPad to be a very convenient way to share home videos and pictures with other people and use Power Director to create movies that include both the videos and pictures.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MrG -

I have a support ticket like that!

If you can't get hold of PD9, you always have the conversion option available. PD10 does produce videos for Apple devices with audio - it's just not present when you import them into iTunes (a necessary step).

FormatFactory & Super© both have customisable profiles that will suit your needs (example attached).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Apple FF.png]
 Filename
Apple FF.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MrG11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the tip about using Format Factory. I tried your suggestion using the example settings in the file Apple FF.png. When I attempted to copy an MP4 file which was created in PD10 I got the message "You Need To Install Inside Codecs". Not sure what this means. Apparently a Codec is missing?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

You're right! That's what it means.

Just reinstall FormatFactory... during the process, make sure you check "Install inside codecs". With all these things, there's stuff you should definitely uncheck but that's not one of them.

Cheers - Tony
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MrG11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After reinstalling Format Factory, I was able to create a good quality video with sound. I had to first recreate the new video selection. Thanks again for the guidance on this. It's sad that it has to take two steps to produce the video. Hopefully Cyberlink will have a fix out for this soon.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Just for those following this thread, I too have a Support Ticket lodged which received this reply:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra software and facing issues with iPhone/ipad audio files.

In response to your issue I would like to inform you that CyberLink Research And Development team is working on the iPhone/iPad audio issue. However, the updates regarding the same will be released shortly, to be informed for the updates please keep visiting our website.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards,

Mubin
CyberLink Technical Support

I guess we'll just have to wait Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

MrG11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Followup on using Format Factory to deal with the iTunes/iPad problem. Format Factory caused problems on my Win7 PC with Windows Live Photo Gallery. After installing Format Factory, Photo Gallery would no longer play MOV files. Luckily I had a restore point saved a few days back and was able to restore my PC. I will no longer be using Format Factory.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Followup on using Format Factory to deal with the iTunes/iPad problem. Format Factory caused problems on my Win7 PC with Windows Live Photo Gallery. After installing Format Factory, Photo Gallery would no longer play MOV files. Luckily I had a restore point saved a few days back and was able to restore my PC. I will no longer be using Format Factory.

You could have restored the MOV back to your Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Right Click a .MOV file > Open With > Choose Default Program. Then choose your Windows Live Photo Gallery.
Check Always use the selected program to open this type of file. OK.

It is easy to change which is the default program for a given file Type.

No need to remove Format Factory. If you do re-install format factory, you may have to restore the file type back to Windows Live Photo Gallery.

MrG11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The most recent update (1424c) for Power Director 10, released 3-28-12 fixed the problem with sound missing from videos produced for iTunes and the iPad. I successfully produced a working video after installing the update. Thanks to Cyberlink for the fix.