Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[URGENT] Unable To Burn Or Save Anything - Power Director 7
Matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 22:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys, I just recently obtained Power Director 7 and I'm not seeming to have any luck at all.

I have compiled a very long video (about 2 and a half hours) with chapters and 1 PiP the files imported were either HQ .mov or .mp4 files.

When I try to save the file with say, 640x480 resolution with MP3 encoding, as a Windows AVI File is ends up being about 11 GB's!
All the video files don't even make up 3!
I have never actually gone through with making a full 11GB video though, I have just canceled. I thought, "Eh, no big deal, I'll make an .mpg"
Wrong.
When I click .MPEG as a profile, I can't do anything...It just comes up with a window saying Update SVRT Info [20%] that just stays there. I Left it on overnight. So I said to myself "Oh Well, Lets Just Make A DVD"
Wrong Again.
When I got my video made and everything, I try and BURN my disk.
It goes to 21% where it says "Producing Titles..."
When I try just making DVD files it still doesn't work. Neither does just burning a disk. Neither does both.

I have completely run out of ideas.
I must have re-installed about 3 times.

And I doubt I have insufficient hardware either.

GeForce 9800GT

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz Processor

2GB PC-2 6400 RAM

Running Windows XP Professional 32-BIT

TSST Corp CDDVDW SH-S2223Q Burner

Bought the computer custom made from NCIX a few months ago.

No Problems playing some of the most graphically demanding games or using some of the most CPU straining software and renders for 3d Graphics.

Please help me if you have any ideas. This is very important.

-Cheers
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
1. The source files are likely to be compressed file formats - that's why they're smaller!
A Windows avi is NOT a compressed format so would end up huge. It is not a format I would chose to render to!
2. You need to look at your DVD selection - Smart Fit. There are two sets of "Titles" the ones you add to the Time-line and the ones in the DVD template.

I also wonder if you have a corrupt video or unrecognised codec in one of your clips.

Please look at some video tutorials - they may help you.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2009 16:03

Keyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2009 09:09 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I would try to render each of your source clips to mpeg individually. If it crashes when rendering one of those files but can render the others then you know where the problem likely is. After they are all rendered then try to compile a project using the new mpeg files.

As the previous poster mentioned, AVI is a completely uncompressed video format and it is gigantic.