Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I played a lil bit with particles but not THAT much... they are really hard to develop if you don't spend alot of time with them...

Anyhow enjoy. Hope it doesn't suck that bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYzGno03mrE

Will
It's not so much showing off the abilities of the program as it is showing off the video itself

I did have a problem with producing though. I tried to upload it to Youtube through PD8 and it got hung up twice at 48% and just kind of froze there. I ended up just putting it in Mpeg2 format and manually uploading it.

Anyhow hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laY6JwweH0A
Spent about 12 hrs understanding the controls and getting over about 5 total crashes, but here it is.... my first project video:

Bionic Boldin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acAt31YusuU

Enjoy and plz understand I haven't spent much time with this software when you throw out your inevitable critique *cough*#)$Barry$@$*cough*.
Ex-Pool Hustler here too!

Haven't picked up a stick in about 3 yrs though
Woot JL thank ya...

Also on a side note with my above question that should be in ANOTHER thread ( thanks Barry for that awesome play calling ), it seems .wmv is the problem...atleast for me on that front end streaming error. When I look at properties of the piece, video is .WMV, but the audio is of unknown format, and I think thats what's causing the whole error. I redownloaded and converted that same piece to Mpeg-2 PAL which worked out beautifully, and if anyone else knows even a better format please lemme know.
Thanks JL I'll see if that works.
Not sure how to search this problem, so I'll explain it.

When I'm bringing in the next video piece into PIP or Main Video tracks and if even ONE of my music tracks has something in it below... that section of music track(of the length of the video piece importing) gets snipped and deleted. The audio isn't split from this video piece, so why is the import affecting other tracklines?

Also side questions if anyone knows...

- Can PD8 do Mist titles (like letters forming from smoke or mist into solid form, or fading into mist or smoke), or is that something only professional versions can do?

- This front end streaming error is really becoming a pain. I searched from what Dafyd mentioned in Peter's topic but I'm seeing no reason to search if no solution is given. I Import a .wmv file into PD8 and (I think) the audio is causing the error. I split off the audio and deleted it, and the error is gone when I preview it. Any thoughts?

Thanks to anyone who help me on this.

Will
Wish I could help ya out, but that's over my head for now. I'm sure someone here will be of help.
Me too! Its really frustrating for me right now because I'm trying to make a fan video using my "Movie Edit Pro" mentality. Switching over to an entirely different interface, new set of rules is going to drive me to drink! Oh wait! Thats New Years Eve that Im feeling

Anyway after about 1 day tinkering with it and with Cranston's AWESOME help, I am discovering all the tricks of the trade for this program. Cranston explained to me how to make multiple texts at once while segmenting their arrival on the screen and I successfully made my first Matrix type 4 line "data readout". The only thing I still find disheartening about the product is the dedication of the tracks in the timeline. If they were all undedicated(i.e. any effect, video, title being dragged to each track), this software would be the KING!

Anyhow Happy New Year coming up!
Hey Cranston and any others that wanna look ... here is my youtube channel... videos I made for Cardinals using Movie Edit Pro 12 if you wanna check em out..

http://www.youtube.com/user/lronWill

Cranston couple things..

How do you move video tracks on the timeline? Once I drop them down there I can't seem to move them around. The reason why is in some of the transitions I want to fade to darkness to put some text in but it keeps slamming the vid pieces right next to each other and I cant move them to space em apart.

Also, Do you have to do all of your video splitting to get desired spots out before you can crop or resize any of it? I noticed that after I resized vid to get rid of some border issues and then wanted to cut a section out...it said it had to undo the resizing first.

Cranston to the rescue! lol Man if you keep helping me like this, gonna have to make you my cyberlink buddy. Appreciate it.

Will
Hey Guys,

Ok I got PD8Ultra and started it up today and started poking around. I noticed some problems that I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there. My accessories rooms are too limited. To explain better look below...

Particle Room: I have only 1 option other than the "download from directorzone" and its "startrail"

Title Room: I only have 1 option... "Default" title.

PIPs Room: Only 3 items other than the director download... angry faces, ballon and something else.

Effects and Transitions seem to be full though, so Im dumbfounded.

Surely there are more options than that in each of the mentioned rooms?

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Quote: Hi Will,

Here is another workaround.
Following your suggested text and motion, I made this little example here, using only the one Title track.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/787/tust/

You just have to assemble all the text, using the Insert New Title tool, to create multiple titles in one pass. Then just copy & paste it two times, and go to each sequence and eliminate the text that shouldn’t appear in that particular sequence.
(see attached screen shot of the timeline)

I'm sold! It's obviously my lacking brain and not the product limitations Gonna get PD8 Ultra today thanks!
Happy Holidays everyone!

I am a Movie Edit Pro 12 user and seriously am looking at moving over to cyberlink and PD8Ultra. I have a problem though...

Titles.

When in MEP I would make videos, and narrate with text using the title effects. MEP 12 has 16 tracks just like PD8 does however MEP's tracks are undedicated which allowed me to use all 16 track lines for titles if I wished. Now I don't need that many for titles, but when I saw that Power Director only had ONE track line for titles, it put a damper on my decision to buy. I am hoping the support family here can take a few min to possibly help explain to me how to work around this 1 track limit. Allow me to give you an example of how I use multiple tracks for titles.

Example: Let's say I want to put in Delayed, multiple effect text on the screen that says...

CYBERLINK'S
POWER DIRECTOR
RULES!

In MEP12 I would use 3 track lines having "CYBERLINK'S" in the first one using a Spiral entry and stretching its length of life to 12 seconds with a fade out.
On the second Track line below I would position "POWER DIRECTOR" 4 seconds past the start of CYBERLINK'S and its entry would be slammed in from the left side with a life length of 8 seconds. On the third track I would put "RULES!" 4 seconds into the POWER DIRECTOR with a length of 4 seconds.

All 3 titles would have a fade out at the end of their length which all would end together due to my timeline positioning.

So my question is ... How is this possible in Power Director 8 with only 1 track line available to titles?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Go to: