Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I Love PD 8
DouglasW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 09, 2008 14:49 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I am aware that there are those who are unhappy with the Power Director software at times, and having had PD 5 and 6 over the last few years, I have done my share of rage-cussing when it crashes, or hours of work vanishes, or I can't figure out how to use a feature because the manual is not adequate.
I have now made a dozen 1 hour DVD's , the latest in 16:9, using mostly digital images, some old video footage, and adding titles, narration, and music. Friends are amazed at how professional they look.

And now I have the new PD 8 which I love.
It does so much that was not possible before, and is still the best bargain I know, at about a hundred bucks....about the price of ONE dinner for two at a moderate city restaurant!

So thank you Cyberlink, and thank you Forum Moderators and Advisers, and Happy New Year to all, even the Forum Grouches .

Doug Waller MD
Willy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2009 00:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Me too! Its really frustrating for me right now because I'm trying to make a fan video using my "Movie Edit Pro" mentality. Switching over to an entirely different interface, new set of rules is going to drive me to drink! Oh wait! Thats New Years Eve that Im feeling

Anyway after about 1 day tinkering with it and with Cranston's AWESOME help, I am discovering all the tricks of the trade for this program. Cranston explained to me how to make multiple texts at once while segmenting their arrival on the screen and I successfully made my first Matrix type 4 line "data readout". The only thing I still find disheartening about the product is the dedication of the tracks in the timeline. If they were all undedicated(i.e. any effect, video, title being dragged to each track), this software would be the KING!

Anyhow Happy New Year coming up!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Oh f'cryin out loud, you and Cranks wanna get a room?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2009 18:29

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT