Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question About What Comes With PD8Ultra?
Willy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2009 00:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys,

Ok I got PD8Ultra and started it up today and started poking around. I noticed some problems that I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there. My accessories rooms are too limited. To explain better look below...

Particle Room: I have only 1 option other than the "download from directorzone" and its "startrail"

Title Room: I only have 1 option... "Default" title.

PIPs Room: Only 3 items other than the director download... angry faces, ballon and something else.

Effects and Transitions seem to be full though, so Im dumbfounded.

Surely there are more options than that in each of the mentioned rooms?

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2009 16:09

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Will,

PD8 is a two part download/installation. The Program, and the Content Pack.
It appears that you have just downloaded the Program.
Check your email for the Content Pack, and download and install. Then you will have all that you are missing.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Willy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cranston to the rescue! lol Man if you keep helping me like this, gonna have to make you my cyberlink buddy. Appreciate it.

Will
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think I'm gonna barf... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Well, that would be a perfect compliment to your flatulence problem .
Happy New Year Barry!!!

(Hey, how's that new computer working out?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2009 19:01

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Has Barry bought his new computer now, lets wait for all the issues he now encounters trying to get it to work correctly. Look forward to seeing some new HD videos from Barry on SMWOV

Happy New Year Carsten and Barry

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Willy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Cranston and any others that wanna look ... here is my youtube channel... videos I made for Cardinals using Movie Edit Pro 12 if you wanna check em out..

http://www.youtube.com/user/lronWill

Cranston couple things..

How do you move video tracks on the timeline? Once I drop them down there I can't seem to move them around. The reason why is in some of the transitions I want to fade to darkness to put some text in but it keeps slamming the vid pieces right next to each other and I cant move them to space em apart.

Also, Do you have to do all of your video splitting to get desired spots out before you can crop or resize any of it? I noticed that after I resized vid to get rid of some border issues and then wanted to cut a section out...it said it had to undo the resizing first.

Cranston
[Post New]
Hi Will,

First, please start a new topic, when you have a question that’s not directly related to the title of the current topic. It makes it easier for everyone to find things.

OK, anything you put on the Master Video Track, will snap to the left.
(In PIP tracks you can place video and images anywhere on the timeline)
But if you want for instance...
A video sequence > fade to black > display Titles on a black background > fade into next video sequence.
...you have to drag/insert a black Color Board between the 2 sequences, adjust to the desired duration, and apply a Fade Transition at the beginning and end of the black Color Board.
(Color Boards can be found in the dropdown menu labeled All Content)

You can find many other past posts, with more in depth details about this subject, if you use the Search feature. Here’s one recent post on this.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9430.page#40700

I’m not sure if one can apply Crop before editing up a clip or not. Haven’t tried to do it that way. My workflow is to first edit my sequences, and trim out what I don’t want, and then apply any transitions, etc. Once I have my project edited up pretty much the way I want my production to flow, then I start to apply and spice things up with the Crop, Color Correction, etc., tools in PD8.

Have you looked at the tutorials available here?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2009 22:00