Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP Motion Issue
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Are any of you experiencing a bit of shaking and jittering, when applying a motion path to a PIP image or clip?
When I use Magic Motion for images, or Video Crop for clips, the motion is always very fluid, steady, and smooth. And applying a quick PIP motion path (short duration), in PIP Designer, also looks fine. But when I apply a motion path of a relatively long duration, I get quite a bit of stuttering, shaking, and jittering.
At first I thought it was perhaps due to my lower end graphics card (AMD Radeon HD3450), but again, using Magic Motion and Video Crop results in very smooth playback over long durations, and all other PD functions display fine. So I’m stumped as to why my PIP motion path stuff, is not as fluid.

Here is a short video example of the shaking/jittering…
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/797/pip-motion-shake/

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Also, here is a link where one can download the (zipped/3MB) Packed Project Folder, for the above video example, if anyone would be interested or willing to download, un-zip, and run it in your PD8, and be kind enough to let me know if the PIP motion also displays some shaking in your PD8.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uyzzuwwzjm0

Happy Editing in the New Year everyone!

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2010 08:08

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Willy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2009 00:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Wish I could help ya out, but that's over my head for now. I'm sure someone here will be of help.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Cranston,

I opened the packed project and as I was viewing it I thought you should add it to your "Jitter" story.

Very interesting, it was jiggling on my screen. My system though is not probably the best sytem to evaluate it. My graphics card is not the fastest!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carsten.

Take a look in C:\Documents and Settings\YOURPCNAME\My Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0\MyPinPs you'll see the reason why perhaps.

Just make sure you've saved the PiP.

Dafydd

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2010 12:13

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying the spiral motion path on a PiP and saw jittery movement over a 30-second period. That was with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Then I switched to a 1280 x 1024 screen resolution and the jitter went away on a new project. I went back to 1024 x768 thinking I would see the jitter come back, but it didn't.

The way I went about testing this was totally unscientific. Somewhere in the testing I also changed some of the NVIDIA grapics driver settings, but in the end I put them back the way they were before I started testing.

Anyway, one moment it was jittery, then another it was very smooth. And smooth is how it's been since.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I told you my testing was unscientific. Well, I introduced the jitter again. I changed the preview resolution from High to Normal. The jitter goes away when I change it from Normal to High.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Will - Thanks for taking a look.

Cap'n - Thanks for loading it and confirming that it's also shakes a bit on your rig.

Dafydd - I followed your suggest path, but the "MyPinPs" folder was empty. Not sure what that means, or what significance it may have. Should there be something in the folder? Am I missing something that "should" be there? I've had this same shake issue through all of the PD8 builds I've installed, so another re-install of PD8 doesn't seem worth trying.

Xerox - Thanks for looking into this! I tried the screen resolution change you suggested might work, but no difference for me. Just made the shakes worse. And dropping the Preview resolution in PD had the same result. But thanks for the thought.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep trying to solve this, but so far I'm pretty sure that my card, drivers, or resolutions are not part of the equation.

-----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/21/2009, 20:13:27
Machine name: CPDESKTOP
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 609MB used, 4599MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3450
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x95C5)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C5&SUBSYS_90181028&REV_00
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6806 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2010 18:41

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carsten,
I have sent you a zip file of the PiP you created.

Image attached.

Each thumb image is of the movement across the screen of the football.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Thumb - sdukpd8-388.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpd8-388.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PinP_003
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
355 time(s)