Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem Importing Media into timeline(deletes items in tracks below)
Willy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2009 00:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure how to search this problem, so I'll explain it.

When I'm bringing in the next video piece into PIP or Main Video tracks and if even ONE of my music tracks has something in it below... that section of music track(of the length of the video piece importing) gets snipped and deleted. The audio isn't split from this video piece, so why is the import affecting other tracklines?

Also side questions if anyone knows...

- Can PD8 do Mist titles (like letters forming from smoke or mist into solid form, or fading into mist or smoke), or is that something only professional versions can do?

- This front end streaming error is really becoming a pain. I searched from what Dafyd mentioned in Peter's topic but I'm seeing no reason to search if no solution is given. I Import a .wmv file into PD8 and (I think) the audio is causing the error. I split off the audio and deleted it, and the error is gone when I preview it. Any thoughts?

Thanks to anyone who help me on this.

Will
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Will,

Go to Dir Chair > Edit > Preferences > Editing tab and uncheck "Link all tracks when moving/...." and see if that corrects the issue.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2010 19:05

Willy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks JL I'll see if that works.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Title questions are another thread.
However, PD's title module could use a little attention. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Willy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Woot JL thank ya...

Also on a side note with my above question that should be in ANOTHER thread ( thanks Barry for that awesome play calling ), it seems .wmv is the problem...atleast for me on that front end streaming error. When I look at properties of the piece, video is .WMV, but the audio is of unknown format, and I think thats what's causing the whole error. I redownloaded and converted that same piece to Mpeg-2 PAL which worked out beautifully, and if anyone else knows even a better format please lemme know.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Will,

And alternative to going to preferences to uncheck "Link all tracks" when moving, and in case you haven't noticed them yet...
If you look to the left of each time line, you will see a little padlock icon. If you click on one, it will lock that track in place, and it now can not move or be hightlighted until you unlock it.

I like to leave the "link all tracks" box checked and functioning all the time, and then just lock the individual tracks that I don't want to shift or move, when I add something to the Master track. As matter of fact, the very first thing I do whenever I add music to an audio track, is to lock that track with the padlock, to ensure that what you described doesn't happen.

re: Text to Smoke.
Hmm, one should be able to do something similar with the particle room fog/smog effects. But there isn't a T-to-S animation built into the Text Room. Or at least I haven't found one. Hmm, that might be something to spend some time experimenting with, to keep me out of the Pool Halls.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Willy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ex-Pool Hustler here too!

Haven't picked up a stick in about 3 yrs though