Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Dafydd

I'm not going to be wasting money on new hardware, when it's going to make little if any improvements on PD9 preview rendering.
Ok, so even if I were to have say two Asus 6950's running in crossfire, The preview rendering wouldn't be improved?.

Thanks for replying.
Hi.
This should be a quick and painful answer coming my way.

In the preview window (top right by default) I'm getting stuttered playback at Higher preview quality.

But playback is fine when choosing normal quality. Which component in my PC would most likely be causing this
issue RAM? GPU? or processor speed ?.

My spec is as follows:

Win 7 Home 64
Asus P5q Deluxe
Intel 2 Quad 9550
DDR2 8Gb Ram
ATI Radeon 4890 EAH
1 TB HD

Thankyou
Well Done !

Seems to work ok for what I'm trying to achieve..
Hi..

When you Cut or remove a segment of video or Title from the Timeline, it will then close the gap.!

Can you not stop this from Happening somehow!..

I need to remove 7 or 8 Title segments near the beginning of my project but when I remove/Cut them, The
rest of the timeline shifts along, This makes the rest of the 15min project all out of sync..

Would Appreciate any help.
Thanks Dafydd

I'm glad i Purchased this software now, Wheather Cyberlink intended to fix the bad quality output bug or
just fixed it as a side effect from fixing something else. I'm really grateful..

All my Projects that produced Poor Full HD output when importing High Res Images have been completely fixed.

Well Done Cyberlink,,

Just Don't break it. Please..
Quote: Hi PwnDirector,

I will try this. Except this first picture, I find the mp4 pretty decent, but if I can have a better quality...

Have you look at the mpeg-2 ? This one is really bad.

With those settings, your produced video seems much improved now. What makes no sense is that
even though I turned off Fast Video Renderer technology, The Actual size is smaller then yours by a 6Mb.
But the quality has improved alot

I need to find a place to upload the Produced video to..So you can see yourself

The Mpeg2, makes me think I need glasses, It's just blurred..

UPDATE: Here's a rapidshare link

http://rapidshare.com/files/451575566/Produce_Pwn.mp4

Deposit Files Link

http://depositfiles.com/files/tm1t6os9j

Or it could be that the new 2702 patch has just fixed the issue. As I've just gone back to my old
projects and they seem fixed. the degraded pics are no longer degraded. Weird..hmmmmmmm
Hi sbkjo

Please try the following:

Choose Mp4 format.

Custom Profile

Resolution 1920x1080

Frame Rate 25

Frame Type: Top field First

Profile Type: Main Profile

Entropy Coding: CAVLC

Rate Control: 20000

Advanced Speed/Quality Controller all the way to the right..

Use Deblocking: Yes..

And also Untick Fast video Rendering Technology!..
Tell me if the quality changes on that Fence at all !..

The produced video Appeared much improved on mine.
I've just downloaded your 500mb File, to check out.

It only took 1min 45 secs to download .

Anyway!.. First impression is that your issue is identical to mine.

Your 1920x1080 Mp4, has done some horrible things to the quality of that wooden fence. The plank edges
have got very blocky indeed. along with the crucible the edges have lost there crispness and
look very downsampled..

I will import your project and do some more tests..

Hi sbkjo

I'm also experiencing a very similar issue or perhaps it's the same.

I haven't figured it out yet, but it's definitely a new issue with PD9, As PD8 was fine.

Could you do me a small comparison test on yours to see if your getting the same symptoms as me..

Drag your High Resolution Picture (it really doesn't matter what the extension is, be it jpg,Gif, etc.. PD9
will compress it exactly the same way it seems.). Onto your workspace. I used a 3000x2400 JPG.

Now, In the video Preview screen (top right by default). Click the drop down box "preview in the media player" and choose preview in "FULL HD preview Resolution". And click launch media viewer, Now as you can see it's perfect quality.

And when you produce a Video in FULL HD 1920 x 1080 MPEG2 It should look like this. Just as PD8 did.

But it Doesn't. Does it !!!!

So what does it do!!,,Or more precisely what it looks exactly like, no mater what 1920x1080p option you choose.

Well if the mods, could see the following, I'm sure they could help us.

Now. once again Click the drop down box "preview in the media player" and choose "preview HD Resolution" The one underneath the last one we chose). And click launch media viewer, ( Make sure it's on full screen of course) Now you will see it's quality has dropped, I normally see the egdes have gone blocky and a drop in crispness.

This is the quality of Produced video i'm getting, using all formats @ 1920x1080. I've changed bitrates, and tried all other options..

It simply will not Produce a FULL HD Resolution Quality Video for me..

Please try the Small test above, and tell me if the difference your seeing between FULL HD preview and HD Preview, is the difference between PD8 and PD9.

Si
Quote: I see what i call heat wave around the edges of the leafs and hearts , to much compression.

I've finally found someone who has posted the symptoms I'm getting with PD9 ultra, Every background image I import into my 1920x1080 video ends up looking like that after producing an output mpeg..!,..regardless of the original image's pixels or format.

So basically it's a compression issue, Which remains with or without hardware encoding..

Maybe you could explain to us how a screenshot of the workspace is going to help diagnose
encoder problem!..

No offence Simon, but it's actually your choice not Dafydd's.

The problem I have with this is that!, 99% of the time Were asked to post our personal
system information and our private project material on to this board, without explanation as
to how this will help solve the problem..

Not that I'm up to no good, But I don't feel entirely confortable posting Dxdiag, and screenshots
of my personal projects on a Pubic board. Without a very good reason..

It seems as though the willingness to offer help is 0. until the conditions of the 3 steps are met..

I've siffled this board for an hour and I still don't undertand how you attach files On a thread and find Dxdiag files.
So for me it is arduas..So i'm sorry if us pathetic stupid people can't do it all 20 secs..

P.s After Power director 9 ULtra stopped responding last night while producing my movie, I decided enough was enough.
I'll wait until this Program has matured a bit before I use it again, For now I've gone back to PD8 Ultra, Which
when you compare the 1920x1080 project outputs to PD9 the quality difference is astounding..

Thanks
Hi..

This is the same problem as i'm having, But all output options are affected
on mine. I've started a Thread on it!

Does your output file Size result end up alot smaller then the projected Size ?.
Ok Dafydd, Thankyou for replying so quicky..

But before I go through the arduous task of following the Three basic Steps. Which
in this case at this stage looks Irrelavant, But then That's your choice of course. .

I've noticed something very significant that may help us!..

When I go to the produce screen to start rendering my project.. At the the bottom left hand
corner of the screen it normally shows the estimated File size for the project..

This will change to a larger or smaller size, depending on length and quality of the project..

What I've just noticed is that my project of mpeg2 @ 1920x1080, Will be a projected 53MB for an
18 second clip. This is pretty normal..

BUT !, After I start the rendering it only produces a file of 7MB !! Around the actual Size it should be
if I were choosing a much lower Quality setting...

Anyway! I will try to do all those other procedures, If you still think it's really necessary.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Hi..

Could you just clear up this question for me please..!!

Have the HD mpeg encoders been disabled in the Trial version ?..

The reason I asked is because, Even though I can choose the 1920 x1080 MPEG2 produce option,
The actual Quality isn't HD. If I import an image which is way over 2000-x3500 pixels into the video timeline,
its looks perfect in the preview window. But after production the Image has gone all blocky
as If I've just imported a low quality 300x600 pixel image..

If this is just trial issue then that's fine., But I need to find out why this
is happeing before I make a purchase..

As a note and comparison. When re-installing back to PD8. The produce Mpeg2 quality for 1920x1080
is by far better the PD9.

And Drivers all up to date :

So is this a trial Symptom!

Thankyou

Go to: