Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
background Image-quality
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have uploaded a few templates to DirectorZone, but I am not sure of the quality, I create them using a vector drawing program then export as tiff or JPG (mainly JPG). Then I crop to 1920x1080 as the output from my vector program leaves a pixel or to extra, then I re-save as JPG/ using 4:4:4 compression.
But when I preview them in PowerDirector they quality isn't what I expect, but I preview on my 24" LCD monitor.
Could some nice gentleman down load the attched image and report back if the quality is optimal?
[Thumb - LoveBack.jpg]
 Filename
LoveBack.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
My Background
 Filesize
975 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Looks pretty good to me. It doesn't look as clear as a vector drawing, but I would not expect that in a jpg image, I think it is quite acceptable for a video. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Not a Gent-
but can do as well.....

Looks fine, both on 24" Benq and 24" Eizo.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
VbSparky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 11:46 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I see what i call heat wave around the edges of the leafs and hearts , to much compression.
PwnDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2009 09:43 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I see what i call heat wave around the edges of the leafs and hearts , to much compression.

I've finally found someone who has posted the symptoms I'm getting with PD9 ultra, Every background image I import into my 1920x1080 video ends up looking like that after producing an output mpeg..!,..regardless of the original image's pixels or format.

So basically it's a compression issue, Which remains with or without hardware encoding..

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2011 13:57

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I think what you're seeing is the result of compressing an already-compressed image.

Have you tried using PNG? That, or TIFF, would let you use lossless compression and should give you a better starting point.

Since you're creating vector drawings, you might have even few enough colors to get away with GIF. Jerry Schwartz