Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disk Output Low Quality
2010McKinney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2007 18:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PowerDirector since version 5. I recently upgraded from 8 to 9 and installed the 2330a patch. I also installed the new ATI Radeon drivers. I am running on a brand new HP running Windows 7 64 bit. Everything has worked flawlessly until I burned a disk. The preview looked great but the actual burned DVD is of poor quality. The photos that are landscape are OK but the portrait are badly pixelated. I went back and checked all of the disk settings and everything is identical to what I had always set in version 8. I'm guessing I am missing something simple but, I can't figure it out. Decided to try to produce an mpeg2 and got the same results. I would appreciate any help.
PwnDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2009 09:43 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi..

This is the same problem as i'm having, But all output options are affected
on mine. I've started a Thread on it!

Does your output file Size result end up alot smaller then the projected Size ?.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The 2330a patch is for NVidia Cards not ATI. I suggest you reverse the situation.

The 3 basics (below) apply here just as they do on your thread Simon.

Dafydd
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

The 2330a patch is for NVidia Cards not ATI. I suggest you reverse the situation.

Are you saying that if a user has an ATI Radeon graphic card setup that they will have problems if they installed patch 2330a?

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2010 11:46

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
2010McKinney [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am attaching the dxdiag file but I don't fully understand the screen shot that you want. I have read the guidelines but I am still unsure of what you want. I did try uninstall and re-install with the 2330 patch but it made no difference. Video looks good but photos look like they were shot low res. whether I produce or create disk and yet everything looks great in preview.
 Filename
McKinneyDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag file
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
482 time(s)
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
What happens of you produce a file (DVD HQ preset) and play the file on your computer? Does it still look bad? Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Re Patches and 2330a in particular:
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Please hover over the and you'll see the reference to Nvidia. I do not believe the "fast release" of the 2330a patch is intended for general users and not for ATI graphic card systems. Infact I'd say it was aimed at Nvidia laptop users. see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14103.page#71513

Dafydd
[Post New]
Question moved to proper thread!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2010 14:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Fred,
We're going off topic here - needs a new question posed on the forum perhaps - can you start one?
Dafydd
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Please hover over the and you'll see the reference to Nvidia. I do not believe the "fast release" of the 2330a patch is intended for general users and not for ATI graphic card systems. Infact I'd say it was aimed at Nvidia laptop users. see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14103.page#71513

Not intended for general use, that's rather odd, if it is targeted to laptop users with Nvidia GPU's why would CL offer it as the ONLY PD Trial download? CL current PD Trial download file is:"CyberLink.PDR.2330a_trial_VDE101118-06.exe" I'm sure only a small fraction of the trial users fit this unique demographic. My guess would be it's a generic update but simply targeted to correct the Nvidia laptop issue, but is that not what all updates are, targeted to fix something?

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2010 19:14

AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff, I'm glad I took your advice and simply downloaded the 2330a patch for safe keeping without installing it. As a novice PD9 user with an ATI graphics card, I am in your debt for that recommendation. Hopefully, Cyberlink will clarify who should and who should not install this patch in the Updates section of the website. Out of caution, I'm going to de-select the " Check for software updates" box in the PD9 user-settings section, just in case the program decides to start doing automatic updates all of a sudden.

-Allen
2010McKinney [Avatar]
[Post New]
James W.,

I am attaching two screen shots taken from a produced DVD HQ mpeg2 file. The photo that is in portrait orientation is very pixelated and the photo in landscape orientation is not bad. I have tweaked everything I know with no improvement.
[Thumb - dj.jpg]
 Filename
dj.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
241 time(s)
[Thumb - jd.jpg]
 Filename
jd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
2010McKinney

I think its just a resolution issue, try this to improve things
1) Take a snapshot of the pic in the TL when it is in the portrait orientation
2) replace the portrait orientation pic in the TL with the snapshot your took in item 1 which is in your media library
3) create DVD-HQ and see if it's better

Jeff