Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the replies. Before one exports, do you have to mark the end of the video somehow, or does the program know that the end of the last scene is in fact the ending?
I am trying to export/render a rough draft of a video but I find the render stats confusing. I started and aborted twice because it was taking a long time. Roughly how long should it take to render a five minute mpeg-4 at 1920x1080 30fps?
Thanks for the reply. To be candid, the online help is not simple enough for an absolute beginner to navigate. I didn't even know the name of that which I wanted to change. There were no search results for track priority, so I would have had to post here even if I'd made the search, to learn what it is I was describing.
When I opened my first project I was asked whether I wanted the tracks above or below to have priority during playback. I'd like to change this setting in my existing project, but I can't seem to find where to do so. I looked through preferences but didn't come up with anything.
Excellent. Thank you very much.
There we go. Thank you.
I see a bookmarks tab on my forum page, but I cannot discover how to add a bookmark to it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I have used Reaper as my audio DAW for a while. PowerDirector's interface is nothing like it, and I must confess that it appears to have shortcomings in how certain tasks are performed. For example, activating the mouse wheel in Reaper results in a change in the project scale, i.e., a zoom wheel. In PowerDirector, mouse scroll wheel moves you forward and backward in time, which means to change the project scale one has to use the bar at the bottom left of the screen. I do a lot of zooming in and out, and I find it very tedious to use this bar. It would make much more sense to be able to use the scroll wheel to perform this task because it is faster and simpler.

Is there any simple way to reassign function of the scroll wheel for PowerDirector?

Thanks for the replies. I was able to make a simple text segment with the typestyle of my choice using information found in the links.
As a new user of PowerDirector 365 I have to confess some growing frustration with its user interface, which is not as intuitive as one might like. I'm hoping these are just some early hiccups, but can someone give me explicit instructions on creating say a ten second black screen with a few words that fade in and out and where I can choose the font style etc? I've tried pushing buttons, and I'm usually o.k. at this, but I'm not having any luck.
I have video segments that I want to apply an effect where they meet. I'm not tech savvy so I'm struggling to find these effects in PowerDirector. How do I apply transitions?
On many technical forums there's a function for showing all threads one has started. I've looked around in the CyberLink Community Forum (my profile etc.) and I cannot find this function. Does CyberLink community forum not have this feature? If it does, where would I find it?
Thanks for the replies. It's still happening on occasion, so I'll reach out to customer service about this issue.
Thanks for all the helpful replies.
I am working on my first video, a collage of video segments and music. Going back into my project I discovered my videos were no longer in the right place. They moved, seemingly arbitrarily, and now I have to realign everything. Any guess as to what happened? What could cause this?
I have a segment of video and I want the last frame to freeze for about two seconds. What is the simplest way to do this?
Thank you for the helpful replies.
There's a clip of an old radio on youtube I'd like to use. What is the easiest way to import a video or a section of a video from Youtube?
I found it. I think I might like this program.
I am a new user of PowerDirector, and a novice at using video editing software. I managed to get a few videos onto the workboard, but there's a four second video I'd like sped up by about 2X. How do I do this? I did root around a bit as well as trying to find an answer in help, but was unsuccsessful.
Go to: