Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to change what the mouse scroll wheel does?
JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have used Reaper as my audio DAW for a while. PowerDirector's interface is nothing like it, and I must confess that it appears to have shortcomings in how certain tasks are performed. For example, activating the mouse wheel in Reaper results in a change in the project scale, i.e., a zoom wheel. In PowerDirector, mouse scroll wheel moves you forward and backward in time, which means to change the project scale one has to use the bar at the bottom left of the screen. I do a lot of zooming in and out, and I find it very tedious to use this bar. It would make much more sense to be able to use the scroll wheel to perform this task because it is faster and simpler.

Is there any simple way to reassign function of the scroll wheel for PowerDirector?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2023 03:23

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Simply hold down the Ctrl key to zoom in/out on the timeline with the mouse wheel. You can also use the +/- keyboard shortcuts.

You may want to use the online help system. See this post to learn more

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2023 15:24

JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent. Thank you very much.