Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing track priority in an existing project
JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
When I opened my first project I was asked whether I wanted the tracks above or below to have priority during playback. I'd like to change this setting in my existing project, but I can't seem to find where to do so. I looked through preferences but didn't come up with anything.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The online help system is a good resource for these kinds of "How do I..." questions. You can access it by clicking on the ? at the top right of PD's main winfdow or by pressing the F1 key.

If you enter track order in the search box, you'll see this page as one of the results, which tells you where to find the Reverse timeline track order setting.
JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. To be candid, the online help is not simple enough for an absolute beginner to navigate. I didn't even know the name of that which I wanted to change. There were no search results for track priority, so I would have had to post here even if I'd made the search, to learn what it is I was describing.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I opened my first project I was asked whether I wanted the tracks above or below to have priority during playback. I'd like to change this setting in my existing project, but I can't seem to find where to do so. I looked through preferences but didn't come up with anything.

If I understand correctly, you want to invert the priority of the tracks, in a finished project.
See the image.
You can also change tracks one by one by selecting them and dragging them up or down right on the timeline.
[Thumb - reverse timeline.jpg]
 Filename
reverse timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)