Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is the simplest technique for freezing an image?
JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have a segment of video and I want the last frame to freeze for about two seconds. What is the simplest way to do this?
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a segment of video and I want the last frame to freeze for about two seconds. What is the simplest way to do this?

There may be another way, but you could go to the last frame of the segment, take a snapshot (Ctrl+p), then add the snapshot (should appear in your media content) to the timeline, then adjust the duration to two seconds.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The are several methods available:
Go to the frame you want to freeze (press “end” key to go to last frame) and
press the snapshot icon (camera) under the preview screen; The snapshot will be added to the media room and can be added to the time line and the duration can be adjusted with the pointer on the frame open the menu with the right mouse and select from Edit Video -> Freeze frame; The snapshot will immediately be added to the timeline (and the media room) and the duration can be adjusted.
Ad 1: Has the advantage that you can give the snapshot file a name and point it to a specific folder
Ad 2: Is faster
If you have to add a freeze frame frequently, it makes sense to use option 2 and set a hot-key for freeze frame (I have set it to alt-f). Go to “Edit menu”, select “key board hotkeys” and “customize”, in the “workspace” tab you will find the Freeze hot key not set be default.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
JMM55, not sure what video resolution you are working with, just make sure to check the pic resolution in the media room for the two methods suggested to verify the captured pic matches your video resolution to maintain quality.

Jeff
JMM55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2023 02:05 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the helpful replies.