Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don’t think it is really necessary to delete the words you don’t want to hear. If you want to replace them by beeps, then it may be sufficient to look for a beep in the audio library, and put it in a track below the video/audio track, and make sure that it sounds hard enough to over-sound the words in the video/Audio track.
In this fashion you don’t have to separate the video and audio, just overlay the words with a loud beep.

Once you have the right beep tone in the lower track, you can simply sopy the sound and place it on the next spot / word that has to be over sounded. You can do this by CTRL-C and CTRL-V, but also by pressing the D key and click the audio-sound and drag it (while keeeping the D pressed) to the new spot.

Ich glaube nicht, dass es wirklich notwendig ist, die Wörter zu löschen, die man nicht hören möchte. Wenn Sie sie durch Signaltöne ersetzen möchten, reicht es möglicherweise aus, in der Audiobibliothek nach einem Signalton zu suchen und ihn in eine Spur unterhalb der Video-/Audiospur einzufügen. Stellen Sie sicher, dass er laut genug klingt, um die Wörter in der Video-/Audiospur zu übertönen.
Auf diese Weise sollen Sie Video und Audio am besten nicht trennen, sondern überlagern die Wörter einfach mit einem lauten Piepton.

Sobald Sie den richtigen Piepton in der unteren Spur haben, können Sie den Ton einfach kopieren und an der nächsten Stelle/Wort platzieren, die übertont werden soll. Sie können dies mit STRG-C und STRG-V tun, aber auch, indem Sie die D-Taste drücken, auf den Audio-Sound klicken und ihn (während Sie die D-Taste gedrückt halten) an die neue Stelle ziehen.
Hi Alone,
Yes, since a couple of weeks only iStock / Getty Images is left. There is supposed to be more content available.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27769

Hallo Allein,

Ja, seit ein paar Wochen ist nur noch iStock / Getty Images übrig. Es sollen mehr Inhalte verfügbar sein.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27769
PD uses links to files as we understand it. Also when you edit a file (e.g. cut off some pieces), the original files will never be touched.
If you have “loaded” media files into your media room from various locations, PD can still find them, provided that you don’t move these media files around.

If you have moved files around after you have saved a project, at loading time PD will give a message saying that it cannot find and do you want to ignore or browse. The latter option is valuable, because when your browse to the new file location, PD will pick up the new link and use that and thus recover your project media collection.

If you are not sure whether you will move files around after you have saved the project, or even just to be sure that you always have all the project material somewhere together, it is very wise to pack the project material. (It is in the file menu). PD will collect all media files used, and even media that are being used in titles and other features, and store it together in the (empty) folder you have assigned for the packing. The project file itself will also be stored in that folder. This is the way you can preserve you projects but also move projects between computers. Projects are preserved, as long as (future) PD versions are able to read and understand the project file.
In the manual it is fairly well explained, maybe also available in your language?

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/13_03_00_modifying_in_td.html

also the tutorials are worth looking at:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software?category=1
I would think that this is a bit misleading. The AI is definitly available in the 365 version of PD (latest version updates), and may not at all be available in the PD 21 version that was released in September 2022. It may even not be available in the patches for this versions, which are submitted to deal with software bugs.
One of the options for "normal"titles next the the border (you can define the size and color), is the backdrop. Here also you can define the color, the size and shape. See the example.
Hope that helps.
Can you give an example?
Did you try to change the font, size etc of the first title in the timeline and close it.
Then click on the first title with the right mouse button and in the open menu select: COPY Title Attributes
Then select all other tiotles and with the right mouse button open the menu and click on PASTE title attributes.
In my system, font type, size and color and position of text are changed to the first title...
As far as I know there is no function in PD 21 that allows one to remove unwanted objects from the shooting automatically. Please tell us where you have seen that it was an option?

Also if you hav eupgraded to version 21, then it is likely that the pervious version is still installed? Please check the version of PD you use?
Thanks for your story, observations and the screenrecording, which clearly shows that sometimes? there is something wrong with the thumbnails (still).
Because we know that Cyberlink Development Staff does not look at this forum, it may be a good idea that you share the screenrecording with their support. I suggest telling them that may have something to do with large amounts of media thumbnails?
I re-installed WIndows because I did not trus the setup at all. The installation of the Cyberlink Applications went as before.

Áfter reinstallation fo Windows and after installing the 13.6.3019.0 update, I also have no problems importing videos or invoking ADR from PDR. It must have been me.

There are still some strange things happening, like the strange swap of thumbnails I reported on elsewhere,
CL thinks it is a glich, I dont think so... but I need to dig into that a bit more.
I have installed the latest version of AD. It does load mp3 and other audio files, but it does not load any video files, including the video sample files of PowerDirector. The previous version 13.4.2903.0 works fine.
Invoking AD from PD also does not work, the message is that the format is wrong or not supported...

I am curious whether I am the only with these problems?

addition: if I install the software outside the Application Manager, it works as expected.

Any suggestions anyone?
I have been there, after new installation of windows. Could only change PD from saving to Onedrive, after I had completely removed OneDrive and re-installed PD, that is with uninstall PD with removal of users information (other wise it keeps the save folders too), this means however that it is a good thing to make a backup of all your PD folders (likely the Onedrive ones) so that you can restore any custom titles etc. Once PD is up and running again.
The re install might also do something about the network connection message, which puzzles me a bit, you don't have the cyberlink cloud storage switched on have you? It is good to go through all the preference settings to see what folders and connections you may have. A picture of some of them, like a Jeff suggests may help us helping you.
good luck.
Ok. So, I understand the MIcrosoft tells you that you can remove OneDrive (unlinking folder etc.) and still will be able to use Office 365. Let us know how that works.
We would still have the support from CL too, to help us getting a bit more flexible without OneDrive. It is well possible that after all these instructions PD still points to a OneDrive folder. (Be it unlinked and Onedrive removed.)

I hope that it will help you getting some performance from PD.
I agree with Jeff.

I have 2 suggestions:

- Ask CL support to hand you (and us) a method to change the (default) PD folders so that you can assign a local folder rather than a OneDrive. Maybe they can add this as an option to the preferences so that we all can set these folders to our needs.

-There is an option to unlink folders from syncing with OneDrive. E.g. see here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-remove-a-folder-from-onedrive?expand_article=1 or https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8b011-8b94-419b-aa95-a14ff2415e85
You unlink all Cyberlink folders (I would suggest), and see what happens.

I don’t know whether this will really help you with your connection and performance problems, but when OneDrive leaves the folders alone, it should. Worth it while to test it. Please let us know.
These templates should not be so hard to find, see the manual
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/03_00_00_the_pdr_workspace.html
The second icon in the A field.

If you are looking for "customized" templates, please let us know what you see, what may have happened (like upgrades etc). and version of the PD you use?
Update:
Cyberlink Support came back just now. They have tried to reproduce the error using my project more than 10 times and kept seeing normal behavior. IThe root cause on my condition is unknown, and it could possibly be related to any small glitches that might occur in the temporary thumbnail rendering process on timeline and feature rooms in PowerDirector on your platform specifically.

They gave me a tip to delete an entry in the registry. I have done that and will see how things go.

No surprises, but I am happy with the fast turn around time of the reaction, Thanks Lilian!
Quote Is it possible to install PD 365 on a drive other than C

If not, is it at least possible to have media ("Media Content") stored on a different drive?

I want to have as little as possible on C:.

Thank you.

The short answer is no and yes.

The program files all end up in the Windows predefined programs folder(s) on the root (c:\) disk. I see no way to overrule that. Even if there was a way I would not recommend storing and running this kind of software from another drive. Chances are that windows for some activities still expects that c:\ is used.

It looks indeed like the Application Manager can save the adjacent media files, templates etc (and even itself by the looks of it, but how could that be) to the installation path set in its preferences. It is nice to have an alternative for the larger content packs, although one would assume some minimum requirements for the alternative disk, like mounted most of the time, so that PD can have access to fill the various rooms and sufficient speed to make the editing using the packs workable?
Just to be clear: if you don’t see any issues with the thumbnails in timeline and/or the rooms, that is great, because that is how it is meant to be.

And indeed I don't want ot make this bigger than it is.

Yesterday I bumped into the issue after a second load of many images (the example set I submitted).
Today, working in normal routine editing it took several projects before I saw thumbnails on places where they should not be. (I restarted the program and continued the work.)
I also noticed (new to me) that I was not able to select all media files in the media room with Ctrl-A. The option – for obvious reasons- has switched off for all the rooms, but should work in the media room. It did not, nor did the multiple select (holding the Ctrl key, and/or the range selection with the Shift key). (It all worked again after restart.)

So something is wrong, but don’t worry if you don’t have it. And if I was the only user with the issue, I would -like CL- be happy to conclude that it must be my system. However, if more users have the same experience, my suggestion to CL remains: have a look at this because it may potentially be the cause of something bigger or wider, like some of the other flaws that have been reported here over time.

I was in contact with CL support, who have been very responsive.

If using RGB display in pref, you might try YUV, from my experience, it has less issues with this particular anomaly but can have other issues.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Did do some testing with YUV, and it there does not seems to be a difference.

The choice between RGB and YUV always puzzles me a bit. The manual says that YUV improves the performance of the display compared to RGB? Does that still apply these days? It also says that the timeline preview may looks different from the library preview if so set the display to RGB.
Anyway, thumbnails still get confused by the latest PD version. Customer support is lookign at it, Lilian came back asking for the DXDiag file and a packed project again, I will point to the subject in this forum. We'll see what happens.
It is on and off, but I always get wrong thumbnails eventually, what I (have to) do is load all the images >200, add these to the timeline, tab to see the sorting screen and sometimes swap an image from place. And reload the images again from disk, either with a new project start before it or not...

I believe that the repetition of addition of that amount of images is too much for the software. And as you can see in the screen recording, it happens in rooms but also in the timeline. Not predictable, but the issue happens all the time....
the browsing in the rooms may be part of the cause, but I do that the check whether thumbnails are still okay...

as said before, I have this issue already for a number you years/PD versions. I have had windows 10 and 11 systems, laptops of various kinds, disks, memory sizes etc. My current system is (fully up to date) W11, 13900HX processor, NVidia 4060, 32Gb RAM, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb disks.

if nobody has this issue, frustrating but fine... My work around is to save the project, to close the program and restart it.
Go to: