CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Given that many of us all of a sudden got into (workflow) problems, maybe even missing deadlines, and have inability to proceed after the introduction of a new version, I suggest that Cyberlink considers the implementation of one or more of the following features in de 365 model:
a) Option - facility to back-out (restore) to the previous version
b) Option to postpone the installation of a newer version (We have that already: just do not press the update button)
c) Option - facility to test a new version, whether a beta of final version along with the current (working) version.

Option C of course is the most ideal, for both Cyberlink and its users, as it gives Cyberlink the option to have new versions tested wider and gives users the option to test out the new features, find all the bugs there are to be found, whilst still continue working with the previous version. Maybe the period in which more than one version coexist should be limited for both Cyberlink and users sake (like: update to latest version within 30 days?).
We all know that software nowadays is very complex and can hardly ever become bug-free. So, play it safe, ask a wider range of experienced users to finalize the testing before submission, (and support that with the options meantioned) are things that can help prevention of serious disruption and upheave.

I have also submitted this suggestion to Cyberlink through the suggestions facility.
Thanks very much gentlemen for sharing the details from this issue.
Given that you, I and many others all of a suden got into (workflow) problems, maybe even missing deadlines, and have inability to proceed after the introduction of a new version, I think that Cyberlink should consider and implement one or more of the following features in de 365 model:
a) Option - facility to back-out (restore) to the previous version
b) Option to postpone the installation of a newer version (We have that already: just do not press the update button)
c) Option - facility to test a new version, whether a beta of final version along with the current (working) version.

Option C of course is the most ideal, for both Cyberlink and its users, as it gives Cyberlink the option to have new versions tested wider and gives users the option to test out the new features, find all the bugs there are to be found, whilst they still can continue working with the previous version. Maybe the period in which more than one version coexist should be limited for both Cyberlink and users sake (like: update to latest version within 30 days?)
I have submitted this suggestion to Cyberlink through the suggestions facility.
You may want to give us a little bit more information, like: what kind of media files do you have as sources, what settings do you use in PD, what PD update have you done? Can you create a new project with the same files, without the error? And:
can you share the relevant information of your system in a dxdiag file?
Also did you check this forum for possible solutions to the Error Code2?
Hi,
I use PD17 a lot and have not seen this kind of cropping before.
A few questions and suggestions:

• The title of your entry suggests that you have uploaded to Youtube and that it shows cropped on Youtube?

• I see that you are problaby using Windows Media Player? Have you tried any other player like VLC (or even windows 10) photos? It may be that it is not the video but the player that causes the problem?

• Also worth while to check the properties of the video, they should compare to the ones you have used while producing?

• And the properties of the project?

I guess that you have used PD to produce the video first and not to directly produce and upload to Youtube.
I also see that your windows have not been activated? I have no clue wehther that has any influence on the display of videos or not. All or more information will help us help you.
Hope this helps
Warry
OK. Thanks Jeff, "it really depends on intended use", I think that we are in agreement. In the meanwhile, Harmen, who started this discussion has finished his project. I guess that the performance and speed of production will keep us all busy from time to time.
Take care!
Quote Warry, That potentially is a very misleading statement. The encode performance of a particular project is very much tied to the features incorporated in that project and hence not a good reflection on various encoding technologies as standalones.

Thanks Jeff for your reaction, and I can of course to a large extend agree with what you write.
What I try to keep in mind is that in this forum we are discussing these technologies whilst using PowerDirector that executes previews and productions with these technologies. We have seen that ALL the parameters,like CPU, GPU, diskdrives, drivers, settings, the PD version, and also the specs of the source video material, the changes we apply to that material, etc. etc. have a certain influence on the speed, quality and swiftness of the software. The Optodata tests results differ per driver!
A full test to compare the encoding and decoding capabilities of the technologies would be very interesting. The outcome may likely be (as you rightfully write) a gain of 50% to transform a video from A to B. But what if we apply effects and all the other things we need to get the video we want? And what is the advice to people who want to know what kind of computer they need for video editing?
My conclusion would be, that GPUs make a difference for video editing. That depending on the equipment used and the "effects" applied, in general there might be a speed gain of about 10-20% as the Optodata tests show, and there may be peaks as high as 50% as your tests show.
Hope that this makes sense.

Well, I took your bait and did the same test with my UHD Graphics 630 GPU:

Output / Driver 26.20.100.6709
HD 60p AVC M2TS 9:55
4K 60p AVC M2TS 37:01
HD 60p HEVC M2TS 10:06
4K 60p HEVC M2TS 39:44

In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't run these 16 production runs all the way through; For the HD versions, I let PD run for exactly 60 sec and added 1 min to the estimated remaining time. For the 4K versions, I ran them for 10:00 and added 10 min to the remaining time.

Because of the complex nature of the test project, the actual production times might be different than the numbers I've reported, but if there were a difference of anything like 7-8x (or even down to a 40-50% improvement) it should have been apparent in these tests.

This is excellent again Optodata! Thanks!
Good to know of your testing approach. I fully agree with your last statement. This test (and we should keep the results somewhere at hand) shows that in general, using NVidia gives some, but not a huge advantage in production time. We assume that the output quality is the same for each, but we save that maybe when there is a long and cold winter.
Thanks Again!
Excellent test Optodata! Thanks for all this work.
I wonder what the timing would be without the Nvidia encoding : Would having and using Nvidia really make a huge difference compared to Intel?
Good that you have found Maliek, he and his university are already world famous.

Maybe also look at what Jim does here: Sharper Turtle Tutorials Also very recommendable!
Have fun!
Have a look at Titler Pro. Initially I would go for the same approach as Optodata has described. He is usually right:
But I have just tried titler Pro 1.5 (that come with PD) and inserted text and applied a roll and scroll animation effect from the library. I left enough space in the text for images. Then I inserted images (file, import images), and applied the same roll and scroll effect to the images as well.
Then it comes to placing these images at the right place in the texts. Texts and images are not really inserted as one group, which takes some extra work because each time you move the text around, you need to look at whether the images are still in the right place. But..... the effect works.
Let me know whether this works for you too.
Quote Hi Warry,

Thank You So Much laughing I had been looking up and down, left and right for a suitable FREE DVD player from Microsoft Store but can't find suitable ones. Thanks again for yr recommendation, I'm sure it will work well wink

Also, u mentioned the special glasses for 3D then a thought sparkled, yes 3D must wear special glasses so this is what the 3D disc is

all about, thanks for sharing this info, appreciate it, I remember now that I have a pair of 3D glasses which was given free when I

bought a CD. laughing

I had installed VLC Player and it works fine except video doesn't run smoothly, is it possible to adjust settings to resolve this issue? How to adjust?

Waiting for yr reply asap, thanks a lot.

Hmmm. VLC should play video smoothly. You may want to get into the settings, but usually VLC plays OKAY out of the box. Maybe your PC cannot handle our has a lot to do at the same time?
Well, I have not too much experience with 3D. I GUESS that it also depends on the way 3D is composed. One of the options is the one with the coloured pair of glasses, I can imagine that this is not contributing to brilliant colurs : But maybe someone here has a better answer for you!

A free DVD (Blu-ray) etc. player app is not difficult: use VLC @ https://www.videolan.org/
It can not only play (almost) any kind of video and audio but also many sorts of disks. It comes with a series of codecs itself so that also helps a bit. Subtitles, but also video effects (maybe tuning the colours:) etc. I guess that you may be ending up using the VLC for most of the video (and even audio) playing in Windows.

Have fun!
For Codecs a good starting point is:
https://www.computerworlduk.com/download/audio-video-photo/k-lite-codec-pack-basic-1494-3249083/
IF Texts are not in place etc, then maybe switch on the TV safe zone (amongst others is Preferences / display
Video not clear? Did it show well on the PC in PD? Is your DVD player OKAY?

Try producing with the MPEG DVD HQ settings, and accept the coding that is used there. When you have to adjust the standards then usabaly something else is wrong....

But I am not Tomasc of course :
Quote Hi,
I'm unable to burn a DVD successfully, error msg says some medias are missing but when I opened the timeline, there's something inside. I had wasted quite a number of blank DVDs trying to burn a DVD so can someone pls guide me on this? Thanks so much.

The media in the timeline (which you have SEEN during the editing) is likely not the cause. There may be sound tracks in the menus, there may be inages (or even video) in the menus etc.
The steps I would take to determine a possible error are

• simply produce the timeline. See whether it produces a good video file. I would relect the DVD "standard" MPEG2 to be sure that this works.

• I would test the created menu sctructure by playing it via the preview button

• I would then look for possible details in the error msg, does it say which media is missing? (You can start here too:)

• And to not wasting any more blank DVDs I would not burn the output at once but create a ISO file (cab be easier to copy to DVD with a DVD burning utility, or a folder (may be easier to check by accessing the files in the folder

Hope this helps a bit. DVD buring errors can be not so easy to solve ;-(
Quote Got it, thanks.

So I got them all installed, except this final file is a .zip file called

Bonus_BackgroundMusicTracks.zip

And it holds a directory called

Bonus_BackgroundMusicTracks

that holds a bunch of .WAV files.

Where should I put this

Bonus_BackgroundMusicTracks

directory, exactly?

You can save / store it anywhere you want. I think that you would prefer to unzip the files and put them in a folder such that you really can find them back when after a (very long) time you may be looking for them. Where did I put them and how was this called again.......
You can either put them in your music folder with the above name, or in a Cyberlink folder, or in Powerdirector resources folder. whatever suits your needs.
Have fun!

Warry
Quote Thanks, Warry.

I shut down my computer yesterday after downloading each of the .EXE files, and now, I have gone back to the e-mail I received and hit the "Download" button to be taken back to the download center to see the order they were laid out so I can follow your advice to install them in order that they are listed on that page, but it's not liking my login..? Shouldn't the log-in to the Download center be the same that I use to get int othese forums, or no..? Because I do not recall creating any sort of *other* ID when I actually completed the purchase yesterday.

Please check your order confirmation, somewhere below the download list there are account and order informtion including the username and password. I justed tested that and it works for me, although the email is about 9 months old and no download are available for me. (That is why I have kept an copy of the download files savely on my local disks.)
Quote So I got my download page and downloaded all 13 .EXE files for Power Director 17 Ultimate, for my Windows 10 machine.

Is there a certain order to which i need to run the install(s) of these 13 .EXE files?

Also, does a difference of a 32-bit or 64-bit machine come in anywhere, such that I need to do anything differently, or be prepared to answer a question regarding it, or anything..?

I would install the software in the order in which the .EXE files for download where mentioned. But: starting with PowerDirector itself and that the rest. Sometimes the names of the files indicate some sort of order, essential, pack 1 2 3 etc. Adorage and Vitasacene may be looking for PD during the installation, so you do these later than PD itself.

If you have a 64-bit Windows installation, then obviously install the 64-bit versions. For some software 32-bit versions has been made available too. It may be that some situations the (only) the 32-bit versions work. It is unclear in which situations that is. I would recommend to install these along with the 64-bit versions. That is what I did. You may also leave them until some function apparently does not work.

I case you have a 32-bit machine, and/or a 32-bit windows installation, it make sense to only install the 32-bit versions.

You will be asked for the product key, so keep these at hand. You may also be asked to do an online registration. Would recommand to to this too, if only to have access to updates and add on packs etc. etc.
Hmmm. I dont see any disturbances in your mp4 example. And as Optodata writes, there is no deliberate distortion in the trial version. It would not be good for sales: It may indeed be your video-player that may cause this. Indeed trying 25p and 50i settings may also help, but given your mp4 sample.... do some testing with players and player settings.....!

Please let us know how that goes.
I have seen both your topics, and must admit that I likely have missed some of the story, but to chime in:

• As soon as you have set a range with the yellow markers, you can indeed mouse click to open a menu with some options, however as soon as you set a range in the dark bar just above the timeline a series of options applicable to RANGE appear, including Render preview (this is to pre-render part of the timeline that may display slowly or with a stutter because there are many changes and features), and the other option is Procedure Range (this is make an output file ONLY of the range you defined. The latter I guess is what you may want to use during long edits to see whether the output looks OK.

• When you insert (using the insert and move) an image in a timeline, all the video and images in that timeline will move, including the sound connected to the videos in that timeline. If your audio is out of sync, it looks like that audio is in another timeline? One option to keep the audio in sync is the select the timeline and the audio and group it and move the group away to make way for the insertion, after that connect the group back to the inserted media?

• It strikes me that you talk about the standard 10 secs of the inserted images, you can change this 10 secs in the preferences / edit tab.

Hope that this helps
Is this what you are after?

I used PD17 and the "out of the box" H.264 MPEG4 1920x1080 16mbps profile for PAL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq6ma9yk7kg9wgc/The%20Graham%20Norton%20Show%20BBC%20ONE%20HD%20101.mp4?dl=0

Note that sometimes the PD previewer shows interlacing whereas the produced output does not. And note that the Trail version of PD does not have all the features of the full package.
Go to: