Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The standard Windows installation has already a large number of fonts, more than you usually need.
I would recommend to only add those fonts you really need e.g. publications and titles etc.
1) The fonts that may be required for PD titles will be recognized by PD. As you have seen, you'll get a message and offer to download the required font. These fonts are downloaded and stored in the directory:
C:\users\public\cyberlink\Downloaded font
2) The fonts downloaded via the Application Manager are stored in the c:\windows\fonts folder (file name is a number), where fonts should be.
When you list the installed windows (-11) fonts via the control panel you will notice that for the 1) situation, PD fonts there is a small blue arrow in the corner, indicating that the font is somewhere else.
Again, unless you are a font collector, it is good practice to have only those fonts installed that you really need.
I always wonder why CL makes such a large font collection available. They do the same with stickers and stuff.
It would be good to scrutinize your font collection and uninstall those you don’t need, as a large collection of fonts might have influence on the performance of your system, but only when the font set is really large, and/or the system is of lower capacity.
You mention that PD hangs when it tries to download a 1) font. Maybe a smaller collection of fonts will already do the trick. You might want to look at the above give font locations to see whether they exist and can be reached by PD (a protected folder or the like).
You may want to share your system information with us here, by making the DXDiag.txt file available.

But, at the end of the day, when nothing is wrong with your system, PD should be able to download fonts without any problem. It is always good to notify CL customer services about your problem. Be prepared that they will ask all sorts of things and suggest to re-install PD, and check your windows installation using the SFC and DISM command.
Looking at what you try to accomplish, I think that the filming of the equipment and the handling in the various cases, will be an effort in itself: the equipment, the lights, the best angle, capturing all steps etc. When done properly (with a script or clear plan in advance) it should not be too big of a problem to get the clips together in a decent video?

My suggestion would be: take one (simple) example of a video you want to make. Plan it, film it and edit it as best as you can. Then closely and honestly look at the result and ask others what they think.

It may be that your efforts were already good enough. It can also be that you have some questions (how do I….) that can either be answered by looking at tutorials or asking them here in the forum. In the worst situation you can use your first attempt in the one-to one hands on zoom tutorial, which can be a quick start because you already have some experience and a first result to scrutinize, learn from and improve.
Use the Rate us & Provide Suggestions in the PD file menu to put your suggestion forward to CL.
Our general experience is: Do not expect too much from it.
The current implementation of ALL is:
When selecting the main entry (Titles, Transitions, Stickers, and the various effects entries), the first sub category is displayed, scrolling down (e.g. with the mouse wheel) will automatically move to and display the next subcategory.
In my system the scrolling goes fairly fast and I think not slower than the previous PD version.
Also it does not seem to matter which sub category is selected, when searching, PD will scan through all titles, transitions, ….
There still appears to be no logical or even alphabetical order of the subcategory list.

If you have a better, faster way for picking the right feature, than please let CL know via the Rate & Suggestions in the file menu.
Maybe this helps: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119517.page
As far as I can see there is indeed no option to save the Motion Titles in the new version as you say, this is of course very unfortunate and once again an item on the list of lost features with the new version of PD 365.
My suggestion -as always- is: wite a suggestion via the Rate us & Provide suggestions, so that CL knows what its dear users require.

You ask for a work around. As I understand you have about 10 versions of the same motion title. That you use over and over again?
In that case I would,
  • in a new project define the 10 titles next to each other.
  • Save the project (give it an easy project title).
  • And for each project you want to apply one or more of these titles, INCLUDE the project so that you have the set of titles at hand, and copy the applicable title into the timeline of the project as desired.
  • Once you are finished you can delete the inserted title project from your working project (don't delete the saved project on disk obviously).

I think that this method would be the closed to the set of saved titles. But, again, it does not make PD365 the most speedy editor, so maybe CL can reinstate the saving of these titles.
I have not found a way to apply a random pan and zoom to more than one slide either. The method seems to be to drag the random pan&zoom to all applicable slides.
If you want to apply one particular pan&zoom to all slides it is a bit more simple:
Apply the desired pan&zoom to one slide, and then copy the keyframes of that slide and paste them to all other slides.

I suggest you send CL a suggestion to make the apply to all function available again, maybe it helps.
For those who have missed the information on the new forum, that apparently is to be released around 12 October, please see here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119374.page
Quote G'day Warry -

Does this help partly answer your question? It appears the updates were only content related, rather than adding or changing features.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,
Partly indeed. The new stuff is content indeed. Does not explain why there is a software update. Bugfixes I guess.
But would it not suit them to tell us what has been fixed (or changed).
I am a 365 user too. I have just now tested this:

I downloaded both packs and installed them using AM
After closing and opening AM again, pack 2 is shown correctly as installed, pack 1 is shows incorrectly as to be installed.
I have checked the presence of the packs on my disk: c:\program files\cyberlink\templates
and both packs are there.
I have checked (a number not all) features and they are available in PD.
I have also checked windows installed apps, both packs are listered there too.

Suggest to check the presence and the installation mentioned above. And inform CL customer support about what you have seen.
I seems some detection flaw in the AM to me.
Is there any information what has changed in the 15.0.1004.0 version, please?
It started with an empty notification window....
We have the information on this release here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119505.page
thanks!
There are a number of processes triggered by PD running in the background. After closing down PD, it can happen that one or more of these processes or even PD itself remains active in the background. In that case PD will not open again. Normally it will give a message saying that only one instance can be activated. I have not seen yet the balloon help (??) that stays on screen. Can you share a screenshot?
I trust that you have done all the obvious things:
  • look at PD/CL processes running in the background and kill them
  • Restart windows (assuming that is what you use)?
  • uninstall PD and reinstalled it?
  • Look at all your drivers and make sure that they are up to date.

If not I suggest that you make a screen shot and share that with CL customer support, since they can help you better with these kind of flaws than we can here.
It will also help if you share the operating system and version nr of PD and even a DXDiag.txt file.
Quote With updates should come more functionality, not less.

This is of course every true! Updates should come with more functionality not less. Over the past 3 weeks in this forum we all have been crying about the obvious missing functions, about the change of the GUI. But what substantial functions have been added in this new 22 version? The 365 subscribers have seen the AI coming and many stickers. In the past years, we have seen YouTube clips of people explaining the changes in yet another new version, trying to answer the question: is it worth your money to upgrade, or can you best wait another year or so....
I have not seen this question raised amongst all the fuzz about the GUI changes and the drop in functionality, and... the drop in efficiency of video editing.
But when raised, my answer would be: No, better wait for the next version, or look around for alternatives. Many people are begging to get the previous version back. Although with many flaws, it worked.
Lets hope CL is learning from this and changes it's policy and it's product and release management.
In many cases it makes sense to look for a tutorial either on the Cyberlink site or on YouTube,
suggest to search for Picture in Picture. One example is this clip:
https://youtu.be/JgdISGTCvMA?feature=shared
This one is very extensive and probably you don't need all this stuff. There are many other examples to be found.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the tutorials of Jim below, there are a plethora of good and clear short clips that explain it all.

Mind you most tutorials are made with older versions of PD, so the look and feel will be different, especially when you are used to work with version 22. The principles are the same.
have fun
Indeed in the storyboard view, the thumbnails of video and still images are not centered. This looks a bit weird for smaller images/ Unlike in the online manual were they appear to be more centered. (I wonder how they manager to get a screen shot like that.)

Double clicking on a thumbnail selects the clip or image, playhead will be at the start. This also works in the "normal" timeline mode, at least in my version (22.0.2126.0),
but not always....
try is not always reproduceable): go to storyboard; select a clip one mouse click; switch to timeline mode and select another clip, one mouse click; now the new clip is selected but the playhead is not always set at its beginning; after a double click is flaw is undone and a slingle clikc is sufficient to move the playhead to the start of the selected clip

Must all be an error; I suggest that you inform customer support about this.
A new version has been released....
A quick scan does not reveal any obvious changes.
It would be good to understand what the changes are, so that we don't have to scan, understand which problems have been tackled, so that we can start using it, please

Hello,

Another hotfix was released that includes the following updates:

- Fixes the issue that the program cannot correctly launch with specific Intel VGA drivers.
- Improves program stability when splitting video clips and then resizing in the preview window.
- Improves program stability when applying style effects and then moving clips to another track.

Please update and check if this finally fixes your crash issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Suggest to put these kind of updates as a separate entry in the forum list, so that it can be found, please.
In version 22/365, it looks like there is only ONE download at the time, although the confirmation message talks about more clips. The only way to “streamline” the downloading a bit is to make the selected clips favourite and then display the favourites and download them one by one.

Given the confirmation message, I think either way there is a bug; you can best submit a suggestion or contact customer support.
With some testing with the tagging I see the same:
Once a tag has been defined AND at least one file from the “general” media room has been assigned to this tag, new files can directly be added to this tag.
As you say, it does not appear to be possible to add media directly into a tag with no media in it.
Also any media added to a tag that is already in the media room either tagged or not, will not be added to the selected tag. Media can be tagged in more than one tag.

Maybe submit a suggestion to (reinstate or repair) the adding of media in empty tags?
Go to: