Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Standardize texts, same font, same sizes at once?
Dalo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2023 09:41 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello;
I am contacting you because I cannot find the information anywhere.
I repeat the video project of a person made with "PowerDirector 21" which contains 130 photos accompanied by 130 text modules, so 1 per photo.
The previous person, out of ignorance, configured almost every photo with fonts of different styles and sizes.

I would like to know if it is possible to change all text modules at once so that they have the same font, the same size and the same effect.
Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2023 09:53

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello;
I am contacting you because I cannot find the information anywhere.
I repeat the video project of a person made with "PowerDirector 21" which contains 130 photos accompanied by 130 text modules, so 1 per photo.
The previous person, out of ignorance, configured almost every photo with fonts of different styles and sizes.

I would like to know if it is possible to change all text modules at once so that they have the same font, the same size and the same effect.
Thank you.

The answer is no.

I find that you can replace any title on the timeline by dragging a new chosen title over the old one by hovering on it and clicking replace. The typed text will be the same so you don’t have to retype but the font, text size, color, etc. will default to be that of the new chosen title. Because of the text size difference on the new chosen title, you may have to recenter it, etc. to your liking.

Haven’t tested every title but most titles should work. You can repeat this on any title you want to change.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try to change the font, size etc of the first title in the timeline and close it.
Then click on the first title with the right mouse button and in the open menu select: COPY Title Attributes
Then select all other tiotles and with the right mouse button open the menu and click on PASTE title attributes.
In my system, font type, size and color and position of text are changed to the first title...
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Did you try to change the font, size etc of the first title in the timeline and close it.
Then click on the first title with the right mouse button and in the open menu select: COPY Title Attributes
Then select all other tiotles and with the right mouse button open the menu and click on PASTE title attributes.
In my system, font type, size and color and position of text are changed to the first title...

Hi,

Using PDR 21.5.3107

Warry's Copy/Paste title attributes works well on some titles but not on others - like Motion Graphics, Vintage Titles etc.
Some titles that don't give the Paste Attribute option can be altered by the Replace function, but again - not all.

So, depending on the Title format - you may lucky!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Dalo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good morning,
Well seen !
Indeed I made a right click on the text module which contains the good configuration of font, style and size, I clicked on "Copy the attributes of title", I then selected in once all the modules of title whose configuration I wanted to override, and finally I right-clicked on it and clicked "Paste Title Attributes"!
Thanks again !
You saved me precious time! ^^
Another question, do you know how I can add a gray or other band behind a line of white text with a black border on an image that has a dominance of white?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Can you give an example?
Dalo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you give an example?

[Thumb - 18-07-2023 09-59-07.jpg]
 Filename
18-07-2023 09-59-07.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2023 04:06

Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
One of the options for "normal"titles next the the border (you can define the size and color), is the backdrop. Here also you can define the color, the size and shape. See the example.
Hope that helps.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-07-18 102435.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-07-18 102435.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Dalo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote One of the options for "normal"titles next the the border (you can define the size and color), is the backdrop. Here also you can define the color, the size and shape. See the example.
Hope that helps.

This is exactly what I want, but I can't figure out where the options you're talking about are..
I'm using Google translate and I think it doesn't translate correctly..
Can you take a screenshot for me please?
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
In the manual it is fairly well explained, maybe also available in your language?

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/13_03_00_modifying_in_td.html

also the tutorials are worth looking at:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software?category=1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2023 07:33

Dalo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I succeeded!
Thanks for everything ^^