Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you want to know what is using up all your space on c: drive then use one of these programs - they are free.

http://windirstat.info/
http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Your should put your programs on the SSD (fast drive).
It would be nice to put your video on a fast drive also but like for most of us that is sometimes to much $$ and your HDD should be fast enough.
This is a short video (one video clip and one title).

The title shows up for a few seconds 2/3 into the clip.

The video clip has "enhanced Stabilizer" enabled (this is the key).

My system will not play this clip smoothly from the timeline, so I have to "Render Preview" it.
After "Render Preview" is done it play correctly - GREAT!

Next step choose Produce.

I use the same Custom Profile that the clip was created with initially (SVRT created) (H.264 MP4 1920x1080 30fps Progressive).

When you "enabled preview during production" you will see the issue happening.
PD renders the bit up to the title, then it renders the section with the title, then it renders the section without the title and you will see the video "jump" each time.

PD should stabilize the clip first and then add the title, instead it renders the 3 "sections" as if they where 3 separate clips, causing 2 "jumps".

When you remove the title it produces the video like it should (no "jumps").

The only way I know how to fix it is to Produce the stabilized video first and then pull it back into my project and add the title after. This should not be a necessary step.

Anyone else have this issue (then I will send it to support) - or is it just me

Will try to attach the exported project and the working and not working video clip (if it lets me)
I would keep the app on the c: drive - that is an SSD and MUCH quicker. You should see if you can move some other stuff off the c: drive to give it more operating room.

You don't want your PD App and your video footage to be on the same drive.

Dafydd suggested Memory - how much is left when you are editing?

The Hardware looks great as far as I can tell (an SSD to put your video footage on during editing or producing it would be great but pulling 720p footage from a 7200rpm drive should be fine).
If you have a bunch of clips to convert (fix the frame rate) with Handbreak than this tutorial should be very useful to do all at once

http://www.howtogeek.com/199993/converting-videos-by-the-batch-with-handbrake/
Hi Pete

First I would like to add 2 links to FAQ on the subject:
What is the difference between crashes, hangs and freezes?
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14592

What can I do if CyberLink PowerDirector freezes, crashes, hangs, or closes unexpectedly?
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14947&prodId=4

I have been work in IT for a long time also, but PD, for me (tried it on different Windows systems) would occasions freeze or crash “seemingly” randomly.

We all know this could be caused by a long list of things (driver issues, hardware, the software and many more).

These issues are often not reproducible, do the same thing again after restarting PD, and it works fine.

If the issue is reproducible, then super, you can send a ticket to support so they can look at it to see if it is a software issue, If not, well the only option is to save your work often (good practice to do this in any case) laughing

Software is not like a car.
Slamming the car into reverse while driving down the road at 70mph is not the same as clicking the “wrong” button in an applicaton.
Software needs to be a bit more resilient and intuitive (since you don't need a “drivers” license to use the software) – more car jokes
Anja's suggestion was spot on!

Once I converted all the clips to have fixed frame rate I was able to add them to the project and time-line without warnings
and the SVRT would also work in suggesting/finding a profile to use (I still need to find the best Handbreak conversion setting).

Thanks Anja!

Two things I noticed along the way:
1) When SVRT is suggesting a custom profile to use(not an existing one) and you edit it after saving it, the Advanced section has neither Speed nor Quality checked (one should be checked since this is a radio button).
(Could be a bug)

2) This was a Gotcha (BarryTheCrab had mentioned in another Topic) but I fell for it anyhow embarassed
When you make changes to ALL your clips (in my case added stabilizer to all clips) SVRT will not find your profile.

When at least one clip is not modified it will find your profile again.

This "kinda" makes sense, if all cips are modified then you will not get a fast render from any part (since all clips need to be rendered and not just coppied) but it would still be nice if it would suggest the closest existing profile you already have.
Smart Sound is great – but only a few songs are free

I have NOT used "music to pictures doing a slide show", but this might work for you.

Add all your photos to the video track.
Add your music to the audio track.
Select ALL photo (click the first one and Shift-click the last one)
Right click the selected photos to get context menu.
Choose "Set Clip Attribute" and then "Set Duration".

If the audio track is longer that the photo track then up the duration value till it fits.
If the photo track is longer than the audio track reduce the duration.
Since you selected all photos the duration will shrink or shorten proportionally. (You could also calc the duration value - song duration in seconds / number of photos)

I might have also totally misunderstood what you are trying to do (in that case ignore me)
Thanks Anja

The video info is attached to the original post "ClipFormats.txt" and Yes, it is "Frame rate mode : Variable"

I already have Handbreak - so I will try to convert them as shown in the video.

Also, Dafydd thanks for your response.
The video is from a cell phone Samsung S3 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III )
One of the worlds most popular Android phones ever.

I have two of them and I can add some video clips for Cyberlink to test with later today.
Ok rytis2015,

I'm trying to help but I'm having a hard time trying to follow along in what you are doing.

First
Was your questions 1 answered?
Was your questions 2 answered?

Is your question about title/text a separate issue?

Look in the Director Zone for downloads of Particles.
Question 1:
I'm sure one of the experts will have a better idea, but you could put the Burn transition between 2 green screen photos and then produce a video. Then you could use the video and set the Chroma Key when you put that clip on the timeline.
If you just need a still burn image - then you could take a snapshot CTRL-P.
Question 2:
Double-click the image on the time-line.
Choose motion tab.
Is that what you are looking for?
I have to pay better attention (you did attach hardware info) – a good place to add it is in your profile signature – and I see you have done that also

System memory: 8GB – that's perfectly fine.
It looks like you have one hard drive 5400rpm with 3 partitions – correct?
PD likes a bit faster drive.

Did you try and run "Render Preview" as I suggested?
What video format are you editing?
Do you have shadow files enabled?
Also, did you run task manager - to see if you can spot any bottleneck?

This is often due to the fact that your hardware is “struggling” to render the video.

Please post a bit of info about the hardware you are using.

I see the issue on my setup when enabling the "enhanced stabilizer" setting on shaky footage.

You can "fix" the issue if you "Render Preview" the section that is having issues. You will have to wait for it to render - but then it should play smooth.
Captured a few video clips using a Samsung SIII phone and I'm trying to figure out what are the correct settings to use in PD13.

Currently the project is set to: 30FPS (NTSC)

The frame-rate of the 2 video clips I'm adding is 30FPS (details attached).

So when I add them to the time-line I get a mismatch "the frame rate of the clip is 30fps and the time-line is 29.97 fps”.

Then when I choose produce and click on SVRT it:

a) suggest a separate profile for each video clip (nothing you can select)

b) I tried to add a custom profile with the suggested settings - but it never finds it.

What is the correct way to use this video format in PD?
I did not get an update from Cyberlink support, but it "looks" like they are working on this issue

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43123.page

"Fixes the issue that Scene Detection doesn't work for DV-AVI clips."

Run Windows Task Manger when you have the slowdown.

Right Click the taskbar and choose Task Manger.
Then choose the Performance tab.

Look at all the charts on the left.
Windows 8 will show you what is working hard (drive, mem, cpu,network).

Did not try to "hijack" this post - only add to the subject "Setting the project's framerate".

I will make a new post.
Are you using the same video source files as you used before (that worked well), or did you get a new camcorder also ?

Do you have any other programs running - like Anti-Virus or other background program that do auto backups (WD makes a bad one call SmartWare) that is trying to backup your temp files while you are creating them.

Do you have more than one drives - programs on one video on another - or all on one?
You might want to add some info about the source video you use and what settings you use under the produce tab.
Also might want to add a screenshot of the before and after video to show the issue.
You might want to add your system specs to your signature - so we can all see you magic PC
Go to: