Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I stop the cursor from skipping the timeline in preview process?
Diep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2015 02:02 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm having problem with the cursor keeps skipping the timeline if the particle and transition are being used in preview process and the sound of music is also affected (seems stalling (not smooth as per the original song)in PD13 live?
 Filename
DiepLam64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dieplam64Dxdiag.text
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
477 time(s)
 Filename
Dieplam32DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dieplam32Dxdiag.text
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
266 time(s)
Window 7, Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz, Memory: 8192MB RAM
[Post New]
This is often due to the fact that your hardware is “struggling” to render the video.

Please post a bit of info about the hardware you are using.

I see the issue on my setup when enabling the "enhanced stabilizer" setting on shaky footage.

You can "fix" the issue if you "Render Preview" the section that is having issues. You will have to wait for it to render - but then it should play smooth. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Diep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2015 02:02 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi EKSVid, I had attached the dxdiag files along with my question for further information... would you please let me know what other hardware that I missed out? Thanks

I'm using the PowerDirector13 (Director Suite Live package)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2015 18:32

Window 7, Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz, Memory: 8192MB RAM
[Post New]
I have to pay better attention (you did attach hardware info) – a good place to add it is in your profile signature – and I see you have done that also

System memory: 8GB – that's perfectly fine.
It looks like you have one hard drive 5400rpm with 3 partitions – correct?
PD likes a bit faster drive.

Did you try and run "Render Preview" as I suggested?
What video format are you editing?
Do you have shadow files enabled?
Also, did you run task manager - to see if you can spot any bottleneck?

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate