Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fit music to pictures issue
98slowbra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 12:33 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Why cant the program fit the music to pictures doing a slide show? I just want the song to play once no matter how many pictures I put in there, but the way it seems to be programed the one song will start over at the begining if you have to many pictures. I know windows movie maker will do this but why cant your program? I have a case open with cyberlink for 2 week now and cyberlink tech support is people with very basic knowledge on the program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2015 13:21

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Since yoiu are using the terms "YOU", then people won't answer because "We" have nothing to with the design of the program.

Now ask again nicely and someone will look into seeing if there is some control to fix that. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
98slowbra [Avatar]
[Post New]
restated my question for you, I am not happy at all with their program. My support ticket has been in there for 2 weeks, they keep on asking me the same questions after I give cyberlink the answer, they wanted my dxdiag so I sent it to them, then they come back and ask for it a 2nd time, so I send it to them, they come back and ask for it the 3rd time so I send it again. Then they tell me to upload the file to the FTP server BUT give me the wrong username and password. After 2 weeks with basic knowledge from them and not looking into the real issue I am not very happy with the program and I was told by them it can do this but It can not do it.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Donate it to charity and take the tax write off (for US users). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
98slowbra [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok I will, thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 98slowbra -

If you're using one of the slideshow templates (it sounds like you are), there are two options:

► Fit photos to music (which is what you want) or Fit music to photos

The attached screenshots might help.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Slideshow Preferences.png]
 Filename
Slideshow Preferences.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
106 time(s)
[Thumb - Slideshow Options.png]
 Filename
Slideshow Options.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
98slowbra [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi 98slowbra -

If you're using one of the slideshow templates (it sounds like you are), there are two options:

► Fit photos to music (which is what you want) or Fit music to photos

The attached screenshots might help.

Cheers - Tony

Tony Thanks so much for the post, and I did do both but I just found out by tech support that Power director does not do this, lets say you have 50 photos in a slide show with a time of 4min and you have music that runs to 4:16 seconds, the photos will start over until the song is over, so I was told that I need to find music that will match how long the slide show is, to me that will take a ton of time to do or find a different song with that timeline. here is what Tech told me in my ticket.

In regards to your concern, I would inform you that this is the current behaviour of the software in slideshow preferences.If the music applied is shorter than the slideshow and selected the option "Fit music to photos", then the music will keep repeating till the end of the slideshow.And, if the music is shorten than the slideshow and selected the option "Fit photos to music",then the complete slideshow will not play as the slideshow will end once the music is completed.If you want the slideshow ends together with the music without repeating, I suggest you to set a music that has equal length with slidehow.(This is straight from Tech support)

sorry for the other posts but when I get attacked I will not stand for it, being called a idiot was uncalled for and I will not stand for that, so my appoligies on what I said. I was also told that this program will do what I wanted for in a slide show with music which it does not, so I was a bit upset with that.

Thanks for the post Tony and have a great night.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Tony Thanks so much for the post, and I did do both but I just found out by tech support that Power director does not do this, lets say you have 50 photos in a slide show with a time of 4min and you have music that runs to 4:16 seconds, the photos will start over until the song is over, so I was told that I need to find music that will match how long the slide show is, to me that will take a ton of time to do or find a different song with that timeline. here is what Tech told me in my ticket.
Smart Sound music (Magic Music) can be adjusted to the length of the images on the timeline. (Slideshow).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2015 21:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 98slowbra -

Those Slideshow, Magic Style & Theme Designer templates can do a LOT of things that save you time, but they have some drawbacks/limitations.

There's no way to control the duration of each image. That's the guts of your problem. The only way to do that is to build the slideshow manually.

Using SmartSound, as Carl suggests, could work for you if you happen to find just the right piece of music. It sounds like you have a particular song in mind. There are a few different approaches you could take.

50 photos in a normal slideshow, matched to a 4:16 piece of music, will start repeating themselves at about 3:32. You'd only need to find 10 more photos and there wouldn't be any repeats. What about some crops of the originals (e.g. someone's face out of a group shot)?

You'd have it done & dusted in half an hour.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Smart Sound is great – but only a few songs are free

I have NOT used "music to pictures doing a slide show", but this might work for you.

Add all your photos to the video track.
Add your music to the audio track.
Select ALL photo (click the first one and Shift-click the last one)
Right click the selected photos to get context menu.
Choose "Set Clip Attribute" and then "Set Duration".

If the audio track is longer that the photo track then up the duration value till it fits.
If the photo track is longer than the audio track reduce the duration.
Since you selected all photos the duration will shrink or shorten proportionally. (You could also calc the duration value - song duration in seconds / number of photos)

I might have also totally misunderstood what you are trying to do (in that case ignore me) Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate