Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello There,
File extension .mp4
Sorry not familiar with "PD"
Computer specs
I7 950,Win 7 64, 24 gb ram,Nvidia gtx460, drive C: 2X ocz 120gb in raid 0, 5 X 1tb samsung spinpoint internal drives. 32 " and 28" monitors, M-Audio USB soundcard,
I take the sdhc card out of my camera copy the files to one of my hard drives and import them from there.

It is late now so I will upload a 5 second clip tomorrow
Despite the specs saying GZ-HM files are compatable the files from my JVC GZ-HM100 are not compatable am I doing something wrong ?
Hello,sorry for delay have been away tried that and many other codecs still get the same results the files I am creating are MP4 V2 when I import to the library I jut get a black 16.9 square then if I import to timeline I get the same,they play but are just black all the way through.

Kevin
Hello I can't seem to import MP4 files they import OK but are just black all the way through
Hello all, I have just imported an mp4 file from my new JVC HD camera it is 1280X720 25fps the whole file is just green do I need to install a codec on my computer ?

Kevin
Hello all. I filmed a ladies choir last night,the dark bits were OK but the white parts were over exposed the camera (JVC GZ-MG575) was on auto,how do you get round filing scenes with large differences in light levels.

Regards

Kevin
Thanks Dafydd done it !!!

Kevin
Hello All,those of you who have seen my previous posts will know I'm a bit fussy about sound I have a video file from a friend with poor sound I have imported it into PD7 and separated the sound is there any way I can export that sound to process it with other programmes?

Regards

Kevin
Well thanks to you all for your interest and comments, we all have our different needs opinions and biases and of course only I can decide what to buy,I thought someone might say "oh have you looked at the Acme IM-G00D it does all you want and it's £1600" but that camera does not exist and I still maintain there is a hole in the market

Thanks again

Kevin
Hello Tony,actually the opposite is true I know the JVC is extravagant when video is not my primary hobby but I have always loved owning good equipment and the truth is I am trying to talk myself "into" the JVC.
I will give you my reasoning for seeing the two camcorders as possibles,it gets back to my original point in my opinion there is a massive and obvious gap in the market the Panasonic (£914) is at the top of the consumer range and the JVC (£2200) is at the bottom of the pro range.I started out by looking for something a bit more pro than the Panasonic at say £1500 or so and there is NOTHING (well that I can find) so my logic (flawed ?) is that if you want something a little more pro than the Panasonic you have to jump all the way to the JVC.I feel that the first manufacturer that brings out a prosumer camcorder with a few pro features and connectors at say £1600 would clean up. Am I wrong? I can take it if you think so. Sorry to go on

Regards

Kevin
Hello again,I am not so bothered about filming at the very top definition as I said it's facilities I like especially control over audio. it doesn't seem clear to me whether the JVC can be edited in PD7 it has final cut pro files and iso base media file format and although I don't use discs I will certainly be asked to provide them for other people so the very top definition and frame rate would be pointless.The Panasonic also has good control over audio and I can easily pad the output of the audio mixer to suit the mic mini jack in.If I was to bare my soul I think I am allowing the "pose" factor of the JVC influence me let face it, it looks the business and there is one thing about the Panasonic I don't like,according to one of the revues I read you have to take the battery out to plug the dc in plug in.
Honest opinion guys am I just talking myself in to The JVC because I just "fancy it" I do love my toys and if you take all the bits off it,it is only a bit bigger than a nornal camcorder

Regards

Kevin
Hello All, I got rid of discs of any kind two years ago I have a media player which I play through a flatscreen HD TV with surround sound but I think my motives are more to do with facilities than HD playback.The reason I have to change my present camera is that there is no control over audio so when I am recording a play, during the quiet pauses the AGC on the sound turns the level right up so you hear the background noise and every little sound in the auditorium only to turn it down again when someone speaks.I think I aught to explain that although I am an amature film maker I have been a professional sound engineer all my life so getting the sound right is important to me. I have narrowed my choice down to the JVC GY-HM100U and the Panasonic HDC-HS300 the Jvc is twice the price but has things like XLR mic inputs switchable to line level where as the Panasonic has mini jacks.I normally put three mics in front of the stage run them into a mixer have one panned right one panned left and one panned to centre then feed the stereo output of the mixer into the camera.Well i'll stop rambling on now I need to decide how much to spend.

Thanks for your replies
Hello All,I bought my first ever camcorder (JVC GZ-MG575) about 3 years ago, I record a lot of stage performances and am fancying something better i.e a camera that looks like a pro job mic on top veiwfinder some manual control ETC but there seems to be a massive hole in the market they seem to jump from £900 to £3000 is there a semi-pro camera out there at say up to £2200 or a bit less that records on HDD or flash memory?
Hello There,I had the same problem a couple of years ago with Ulead, small zoomed out picture,no one on their forum could help so I chose PD6.

Kevin
Hello Again, a big thanks to you both it worked I have uploaded to youTube (return to the forbidden planet She's not there) with no problems.Uptube has put extra black bands at each side but it still looks OK
What a great forum

Kevin
Eh Up I'm from Yorkshire (Sheffield, Up The Owls) I had work to do but have put it off for half an hour gave the pip track idea a go and guess what
it appears to work !!! with keep aspect ratio unchecked it squashes the clip in from the sides and restores me back to fat instead of really fat.Now of course I have to decide how much integrity I have because if I can make myself thinner just how far do I go !!! I really must sort out the irrigation for my Orange trees now but will report back later.

Not so fat Kevin
Hello Again,Glad you're amused at my weight problem but don't worry I can take it !!! I will try that as soon as I get time and report back.

Fat Kevin
Hello Adrian,Thanks for your prompt response,I have to go out now so will have another go later.My camera does both aspect ratios so I have tried a clip I shot in 4:3 and it's perfect I would say that the WMF file I was given is at fault as I said earlier it looks like a 4:3 clip that has been stretched horizontally so everyone looks fat.Does anyone know of a programme that can correct this,the content of the clip is me in a show and frankly I don't want to look any fatter than I already am !!!
Hello all,I am new to video,a friend has given me a WMF file which was shot in 4:3 I have set both the programme (PD7) and the clip in timeline to 4:3. The veiwing window at the top right of the screen is clearly 16:9 and the video fills it so everyone looks fat,is there a way to change the physical size of the clip I.E. squash it in from the sides so that people have the right proportions,I know I will have two black vertical bands at each side of the video but this is no problem.
Go to: