Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound
Kevmoon
Newbie Location: Southern Spain Joined: May 16, 2009 08:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All,those of you who have seen my previous posts will know I'm a bit fussy about sound I have a video file from a friend with poor sound I have imported it into PD7 and separated the sound is there any way I can export that sound to process it with other programmes?

Regards

Kevin I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin,
Place the file in PD's media library
Right Click on the video file
Select Extract Audio
Audio is saved as a WAV format
File is located where you have designated "Export to" location.
1. see Edit > preferences
2. or see key board shortcut Alt+C

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2009 10:18

Kevmoon
Newbie Location: Southern Spain Joined: May 16, 2009 08:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd done it !!!

Kevin I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member
Scott.of.PA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2010 09:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My captured MPEG-2 has no sound in upper right preview screen nor in final produced MPEG using PowerDirecto DE 6.5.2926. The right clicked Audio properties are:
Type: Dolby Digital
Sample rate: 48kHz
Bitrate: 256Kbps
Channel: Stereo
Your suggestion to extract audio with right click results in 'flat line' wave file with no sound. What now? thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=Scott]My captured MPEG-2 has no sound in upper right preview screen nor in final produced MPEG using PowerDirecto DE 6.5.2926. The right clicked Audio properties are:
Type: Dolby Digital
Sample rate: 48kHz
Bitrate: 256Kbps
Channel: Stereo
Your suggestion to extract audio with right click results in 'flat line' wave file with no sound. What now? thanks.[/quote]

You are referring to a post I made one year and 5 months ago! I was answering an editor who had the FULL version of PowerDirector at that time. You don't have a full version and the limitation of the version you have is you can not access Dolby Digital audio files.

I suggest you upgrade to a full version.
8)

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2010 13:09