Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Persil washes whiter
Kevmoon
Newbie Location: Southern Spain Joined: May 16, 2009 08:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. I filmed a ladies choir last night,the dark bits were OK but the white parts were over exposed the camera (JVC GZ-MG575) was on auto,how do you get round filing scenes with large differences in light levels.

Regards

Kevin I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

I don't have an answer for you, but perhaps this video demonstration, posted on SMWOV, may be what your looking for.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/537/pd7-lighting-improvement-example/

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Out of sheer devilment I was going to suggest using PiP and Chrome key out the white, either to give the choir a heavenly appearance or just to be a troublemaker for fun

Be careful with the use of colour changes - a light touch is best.

Stick a filter on your camera is the other option.

Dafydd

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

Try playing with the exposure settings. Mine has 3 presets - multi, centre and spot - it might allow you to adjust the exposure to a better 'average'?

Also maybe try using a manual white balance if you have one - it might make a difference??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.