Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Random thumbnails?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Currently I am producing a series of slideshows from still images with PD16. Every month of images in a slideshow each in a separate project. After each project I do a "new project". After the second or third project the inserted images for the next show get random thumbnails, not those of the imgae themselves, both in the media windows and on the timeline. The images correctly show when selected in either the window and the timeline. I have not seen a patern for the thumbnails, but most are thumbnails that belong to transitions.
After restarting PD ( I have the latest version) the thumbnails show correctly, until the second or third project again.
Is there someone who has experienced the same, and any suggestions to prevent this from happening?
Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2018 05:33

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Warry -

I haven't had that happen very often... maybe a few times in the last 9 years?

But I reckon the prolem might be related to the files in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache or maybe C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\Cache\photoTmp

I generally empty those folders at least weekly. You can partly do that in Preferences > General > Auto Delete

Hopefully that might provide some help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony for the reaction and the suggestions.

There was also the folder ProjectThumbCash.

I keep those clean I monitor whether this makes a difference!

Kind regards

Warry
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now, in the middle of a series of small projects, I bumped into this anoying thing of the "random" thumbnails shown in the media room after 2-3 projects, that (which is consequent again) are also copied in the timeline when the media file is copied. The thumbnails do not represent the media that is behind it, and that is very confusing and anying.

I can of course repeatedly empty the folders mentioned before in this topic (which does not always help), or save the project, close PD16 and restart it again (which mostly helps). But I would recon that this "feature" should not happen, is very disturbing, and should be fixed in one of the next updates!

I really hope that the PD developers are reading this forum from time to time. In the next release reliability, stability and speed are foremost needed.

Thanks!