Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've produced a 20MB video showing a GPU side-by-side comparision of PD13 v. PD16 for producing the same input file.

As you will see there is quite a difference in how the two PDs handle the file.

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hlpoqwgp05607x/PD13%20VS%20PD16%20COMPARE%20v3.mp4?dl=0
To confirm my suspicions that PD16 is behaving badly with 3D transitions, I reinstalled PD13, split a 2 min 4K video clip, dropped a single 'flip boxes' transition and produced it at the same resolution and format with hardware encoding enabled.

With PD13 the GPU engaged at the transition and the total time to produce was 2 min 15 sec.
With PD16 the GPU did not appear to engage at the transition and the total time to produce was 11 min 43 sec.

Both PDs were configure exactly the same.

How did you judge no GPU usage with your GTX1050? I question as that does not sound correct for some transitions.

I believe what you are seeing is simply the difference between transition coding implementation. From what I've seen, it's kind of a mixed bag but the transitions with the "3D" in the upper left-hand corner primarily utilize the GPU, the "3D like" transitions which lack the "3D" icon in the upper left corner, some are CPU implementation, some are GPU. The paper and paper airplane which you reference are GPU implementations, while for instance the "Chain Reaction" transition also appearing in the "3D like" category is CPU.

Because of the above, how they perform for each user will be highly dependent on hardware and in particular, relative GPU and CPU performance and things like if the user configured GPU decoding or not. Obviously, anything one does to dumb down the timeline playback complexity will help with that (shadowfiles, preview quality, real time...)

In any case, the final produced video should play back smooth in a media player.

Jeff

WIN10 task manager will monitor GPU usage and I also use a windows gadget - GPU Meter....

BTW looking back in time I found a rendered file when Win 7 & PD 12 & Radeon 6450 rendered all 3D transitions successfully @ 3840x2160.
Rendering of certain 3D transitions (flip blinds, flip boxes, paper, paper airplane) slow my computer to a crawl when either playing from the timeline or producing even short 1-3 min clips. CPU usage drops dramatically when the transition is encountered to less than 10% and little or no GPU usage. After rendering clip continues to stutter during playback. Other 3D transitions behave 'normally'.....

AMD FX 8350 8 core, 16 GB ram, GTX 1050, SSDs, etc.
DirectX 12, PD16.0.3434.0, NVida 411.70, WDDM 2.4,
Open CL, etc..
After downloading a MKV video which contains subtitles, then editing and producing it in the same format, the subtitles are no longer available or 'retained'. Any suggestions? That is, when playing the original file I can select subtitles but the edited file no longer shows that a subtitle file is available. Any suggestions on how to 'retain' the subtitles upon editing and producing?

Tnx
Keep getting notified to install RichVideo at startup of PD12Ultra "RichVideo is not installed on your system. Click [OK]..." Prior to starting PD12 checked Windows Task Manager and RichVideo services (32 & 64) are installed but "stopped" and cannot be started from WTM "access denied". Also checked msconfig and "RichVideo.." not found in services. Quicktime reinstalled - same message. Do not have option to disable RichVideo in preferences. RichVideo services are not 'started' after PD12 running.

Program Files>Cyberlink>Shared files shows richvideoinstall.exe dated 8/8/2012 and RichVideo64.exe.manifest dated 2/25/2010. No RichVideo64.exe present.
ProgramFiles(x86)>Cyberlink>Shared files shows NO RichVideo.* files.

Upgraded from PD10 to PD12. PD10 was uninstalled without asking and had to enter new product key.

Solutions anyone?
I purchased 'upgrade' from PD 10U to PD12U and PD10 was uninstalled with out asking and I had to enter the PD12 product key so I have the 'full build'. Furthermore, I keep getting the message that I 'must be connected to the internet' when I try to register at startup of PD12. PD12 does not show in my product list. Any suggestions on how to correct this and get PD12 registered with Cynerelink?
In PD8 go to Edit>preferences>capture, clik on "DV Parameters" and uncheck the boxes for DV Auto Stop, etc.

Works for me. Good Luck.
Every time I start PD 8 Ultra 2220 I get the registration popup that says:

"Your previous registration failed because of network errors..."

I re-register each time but to no avail. I upgraded from PD7 online and my SR# is entered.
Found this posted by Jeff. It works for me too. Can capture 8mm via 1394 from a digital 8 Sony.

<<Ok, I figured it out on my own. I remembered going into preferences and turned off DV auto stop. It now works fine. turned off stop scanning and capturing when theres a long blank or interval on the tape. Thanks!>>

Thanks for the input. Don't know why could not pack that one project but others went well.

On another topic: is there a guide to interpreting the mumbo-jumbo in a PDS file?
Thanks for the suggestions. May just have to start over.
BTW how long does the "pack" process take? The project is about an hour long with 10 titles and 6 chapters & about 4GB of video. Will PD7 give me a completion message? Packing has ben running about 1/2 hour so far.

(edit) OK the hd stopped spinning @ 45 min. But the designated folder is mty. ?? What is the file extension for the 'packed' file?

Thanks
I tried to move a project between computers using the flash drive that contained the project files and video. Of course, I chose to ignore the message about the file location now I have a project that has all the titles, effects, library, etc., but no media, ie., just empty clips on the video tract. I've edited the pds file to insert the correct file reference in the library including replacing all the "(null)"s found in the pds file NAME="VIDEO_USER_DATA_ORI_FILENAME" with the correct file path all to no effect.

Are there other edits that need to be made to restore the video to the clips?
Using a Sony TRV510 (digital eight) for playback I can capture HI8 material via firewire using PD7 full version on HP Pavillion notebook with Vista. However when I play normal 8 tapes PD7 halts capture about every 15 seconds. On the other hand, Windows Movie Maker captures the 8mm tapes as AVI files with no problems. Seems like a fixable problem for Cyberlink!
Using a Sony TRV510 to playback I can capture HI8 material via firewire using PD7. However when I play normal 8 tapes PD7 halts capture about every 15 seconds. On the other hand, Windows Movie Maker captures the 8mm tapes as AVI files with no problems.
Been having the same problem with PD7. It will create mp4 file then proceed to "upload" it to my account but video never appears in my YouTube account. On the other hand, I can upload the same file directly to my YouTube account and all is fine. PD7 is sending the file into cyberspace but who knows where?

Ideas, solutions??
Thanks
Seems to me that somewhere I saw that PD7 supports the multi-core processors that meet the Intel spec. I'm using a HP laptop DV9910us with Vista Home 32 bit and a AMD Turion X2 64 which supposedly is Intel compliant. When I monitor a 'burn' I noted that Windows Task Manager shows only one CPU working, ie., the task is not using 2 processors. Any thoughts on this? :-?
Thanks for the tip. Checked my files with mediainfo.....and, Illbdmnd...they are PAL. Hummm...since the RCA DVD player plays PAL perhaps it is region free??

Thanks again, JL.
As input I use I DV-AVI NTSC files, edit in PD7.0.2611 (preference NTSC) and then produce to PAL MPEG4, create menus and then burn. Problem is the DVD ends up in NTSC judging from the fact it plays in my NTSC DVD player (3 year old RCA). So then I set the preference to PAL, open new project, import the PAL file previously produced, add DVD menu. etc., and burn...... NTSC compatible once again.

Any thoughts on what is going on? Is there a program I can use to check the format (PAL or NTSC) of the produced files?

Thanks
Go to: