Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
when i install my upgrade of power dvd 10, it is not recognising my previous power dvd. i installed power dvd 8 first and then installed the power dvd 10 upgrade but it kept saying there is no previous power dvd in my system to be able install 10 over the top. i also have uninstalled power dvd 8 and installed power dvd 9 and then tried 10 again but i get the same thing saying there is no previous power dvd to install this power dvd 10 upgrade.
i have not had a problem like this before, but now i get this problem when i reset my pc to factory settings. i am currently using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
where can i get good skins for powerDVD 10 from please?
upgraded youcam 3 over the top over youcam2, it uninstalls 2 first then as it install 3 it says cannot install as there is a error with the dminstall
this is why i always make sure my pc is backed with norton ghost 15 AND windows backup and restore (just in case lol) BEFORE i put ANY cyberlink software in my pc. i know it can be a headache to uninstall it so i can easily just go back to before it with ghost with no grief. if you need to uninstall it and make sure everything is out of your system then use this free safe software

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

and then manually delete the entries in registry
i had no problems with power dvd 10 ultra on my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
i have now installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit as i have upgraded my ram to 4 gb. i am about to install power dvd 10 ultra on this 64 bit today so we'll see
yeah it does the same for me everytime i play a dvd i have to keep selecting where it says dvd and then subtitles and then off.
pain in the backside having to keep turning subtitles off EVERYTIME i want to watch a dvd
so that's what i pay a lot of money for, for the ultra?
i could understand it if it was the delux or other versions but in the ultra i expect to get my moneys worth. what a rip. i'll see what ofcom says
in power dvd 10, when playing mp3, where is it to actvate visualizations like the previous power dvd versions?
my kids miss watching the pretty patterns
i have power dvd 8 ultra in at the moment and i am going to upgrade to power dvd 10 ultra (cheaper).
di i install the power dvd 10 over the top of 8 or should i uninstall 8 first?
even though i have youcam 2 and i want to buy the new youcam 3, when i buy it and select upgrade to get it cheaper do i have to have version 2 installed and upgrade on top of that or uninstall youcam 2 first and then install youcam 3?
thanks
when is it due out? it's about time
DON'T!!!!
i have just done a scan with the windows upgrade advisor from microsft and it scanned my pc and told me that powerDVD 8 WILL work with windows 7
it uninstalls any program that won't budge from add/remove programs and also cleans up the junk left behind in the pc and registry too

http://www.revouninstaller.com/
when i play my mp3 songs, power dvd will cut them short. as the song is playing it will stop playing at approx a minute before the song ends and play the next song. it does this on both power dvd 8 and 9 as i have tried both with patches too. the song play fully on windows media player with no problems. also power dvd 8 will play my mp4 video files but power dvd 9 will only play the song but no picture. i have done all the patches and still the same. power dvd 9 patch makes the player worse by just playing the songs and not the picture of my videos. . after using norton ghost to put back my pc that had powerDVD 8 in it beause of 9 problems, 8 offered me a patch to download. i downloaded and installed the patch and restarted. now powerdvd 8 was not playing my windows media video files. it was playing them before the patch fine. so once again i ghost my machine back so i can play my wmv files. i have all wmv files to play on pc and mp4 versions for my mobile, psp etc. it sees the original 8 ultra from the disc will play both formats, 9 will just give me the song and not the video picture and both version will shorten my songs when playing and move on to the next song in my playlists. i give up!!!. i will be installing windows 7 on 22nd oct when released, GOD HELP ME!!! i have a high spec pc wich is only 3 months old bought brandnew with 3gb ram. so i know it's not my pc and i have no problems playing them on windows media player, which is a shame because i love playing hd through my sony bravia hd tv connect to my pc via hdmi cable. so sort your life out cyberlink. and by the way, please get rid of movie live, the annoying interface and pestering, especially on 9. and put back the start up image from 8.

UPDATE: i went to the nvidia website and updated my graphics card and motherboard and got everything above all working EXCEPT now wmv files have lost their sound. any ideas?
i have a folder with all my mp3's in and if i select play, it will play the tracks in my default program which is
powerDVD 8. BUT if i select "play all" . it will play all the tracks at once but only in windows media player.
i don't want to play all in wmp. how do i get it to play all in my powerDVD 8?
i have selected powerDVD 8 as default player but the play all still does wmp. also when i go into control panel and then autoplay functions, when i select the drop down boxes of video files and audio files, how do i add my cyberlink powerDVD 8 in that list so i can use that as all my functions?
the power dvd is there in the play audio cd drop down box but not others. how do i get that option for others to play using cyberlink powerDVD 8?

thank you
Go to: