Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power dvd 8 and 9
jester_uk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 10:40 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
when i play my mp3 songs, power dvd will cut them short. as the song is playing it will stop playing at approx a minute before the song ends and play the next song. it does this on both power dvd 8 and 9 as i have tried both with patches too. the song play fully on windows media player with no problems. also power dvd 8 will play my mp4 video files but power dvd 9 will only play the song but no picture. i have done all the patches and still the same. power dvd 9 patch makes the player worse by just playing the songs and not the picture of my videos. . after using norton ghost to put back my pc that had powerDVD 8 in it beause of 9 problems, 8 offered me a patch to download. i downloaded and installed the patch and restarted. now powerdvd 8 was not playing my windows media video files. it was playing them before the patch fine. so once again i ghost my machine back so i can play my wmv files. i have all wmv files to play on pc and mp4 versions for my mobile, psp etc. it sees the original 8 ultra from the disc will play both formats, 9 will just give me the song and not the video picture and both version will shorten my songs when playing and move on to the next song in my playlists. i give up!!!. i will be installing windows 7 on 22nd oct when released, GOD HELP ME!!! i have a high spec pc wich is only 3 months old bought brandnew with 3gb ram. so i know it's not my pc and i have no problems playing them on windows media player, which is a shame because i love playing hd through my sony bravia hd tv connect to my pc via hdmi cable. so sort your life out cyberlink. and by the way, please get rid of movie live, the annoying interface and pestering, especially on 9. and put back the start up image from 8.

UPDATE: i went to the nvidia website and updated my graphics card and motherboard and got everything above all working EXCEPT now wmv files have lost their sound. any ideas?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2009 14:19