Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch is not effective. I installed it and when I go to play a DVD I get an error message. Divx movies play fine but no DVD's or VOB files?
This is also happening with my PowerDVD 9 Delux version. I downloaded the patch and I have no difference. The same thing "powerDVD has encountered a error and needs to close". I am running WindowsXP media center addition. I have sent over 10 service tickets and have only heard back from 3. None of them offer a solution other than remove, clean, and reinstall. Which I have done several times, to no avail. I can play Divx type movies, but no DVD or VOB files?
Same problem mine wont play at any DVD movies at all it goes to the Microsoft error report screen as soon as it starts to play.

I am using Microsoft XP Media Center Addition
MY issue is after doing the reboot and reinstall of DVD9 my dvd bourne supremacy wont play. Nor will any other movie other than Dvix format. Divx movies play just fine, but DVD or VOB files will not. Tried to make n adjustment in the configuration menu and the system crashes telling me to report the problem to Microsoft. Don't know what to do. I am using Microsoft XP media center addition.
I don't think the problem is resolution, I think it's exactly the same error just in a different place. We are all getting these error's. Hopefully they will fix the problem
When I open Power DVD9 it starts up with the main screen. When I press play to play a movie that is in the drive I get the Error report screen. Why is this happening? I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and the same thing. I downloaded the new graphics driver and no change.

I am running Windows XP Media Center Addition. I have Power DVD 7.3Ultra that works fine. I just decided to upgrade. Need a solution...
Go to: