Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD version 9, crashes instantly..
Bo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2009 22:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just installed, and it will not run DVDs that I know are good and can run using other software. Click play, DVD spins, get "PowerDVD 9.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have registered, rebooted, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
George [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2009 17:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
This is also happening with my PowerDVD 9 Delux version. I downloaded the patch and I have no difference. The same thing "powerDVD has encountered a error and needs to close". I am running WindowsXP media center addition. I have sent over 10 service tickets and have only heard back from 3. None of them offer a solution other than remove, clean, and reinstall. Which I have done several times, to no avail. I can play Divx type movies, but no DVD or VOB files?
Bo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2009 22:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the update. I'm going to give them 1 chance then, I'm canceling the order.
Vhavnal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2009 19:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just installed, and it will not run DVDs that I know are good and can run using other software. Click play, DVD spins, get "PowerDVD 9.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have registered, rebooted, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

I have the same problem.It doesn't read the disc and when you push play it crashes with that same message as well as this error

ModVer: 9.0.1428.0 Offset: 00055c42

and here is the text it sends to Cyberlink
http://comets.freehostia.com/errors/pdvd9%20error.txt

Can someone help..please?? ..
Noel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2009 06:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Tried on two different machines will not play blu-rays and dvds crash it. Reduced to using the software that came with my laptop (actually made by cyberlink which while very basic at least it works) not so happy after forking out nearly £100 for it. Very poor.

Noel
Vhavnal [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please can someone help me ?? or i might switch back to WinDVD
Noel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2009 06:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well I wiped and reinstalled my OS and PowerDVD 9 is working fine. I got the no disc error a few times since i installed AnyDVD HD (I have a number of Blu-Ray discs from different regions). However all seems to be working alright now.

I'm not sure if it was AnyDVD that gave the problem the last time as I didnt think I had installed it before i had the problem. In any case a reinstall of OS was not much of an issue as i had done it not that long ago in anycase. Not an ideal solution but at least it now works.

N
Vhavnal [Avatar]
[Post New]
definitely a bad solution, maybe the mods can fix this somehow, i had to revert back to PowerDvD 8 sadly