Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD9 Crashes
George [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2009 17:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
When I open Power DVD9 it starts up with the main screen. When I press play to play a movie that is in the drive I get the Error report screen. Why is this happening? I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and the same thing. I downloaded the new graphics driver and no change.

I am running Windows XP Media Center Addition. I have Power DVD 7.3Ultra that works fine. I just decided to upgrade. Need a solution...
Jakob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2009 11:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem on Vista 32 bit.

When I try to play a movie the program crashes. The same thing happens when I click the Video tab in the Settings dialog.

All my drivers are up to date and my hardware is within specs.

PowerDVD 8 ultra works fine.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.
Theresa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2009 17:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there

Mine will play some movies but not others and they were all recorded to DVD with same program.

The ones that won't work in Power DVD9 Ultra will work in other players. Have no idea how to fix it.

When this happens and I go to Task Manager I get the not responding message but program just freezes on my screen until I go to Task Manager.

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks.

Krafty
author [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 18:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
yea you know why dont they make sure the damn program works before they sell it, very frusterating. dvd 8 ultra works fine will ask for refund i think