Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Cubby House Films:

I use Revo Uninstaller (Free)

It uses the software's own uninstaller to uninstall the program and then it searches your hard drive to find left over bits and pieces. It prompts you before it deletes anything.

It amazing the amount of left over files it finds sometimes. It hasn't messed up my yet.
Tony:

Thanks for the great info.

Raymond:

I see there are no updates listed for PD 8 on Cyberlink's web site yet. Strange.
Raymond:

I don't have a white board either.
I'm running Power Director Deluxe 8.00.2013 and I never seen any ad when I'm rendering.

Does this only occur with certain copies?

Just curious

I love PD 8.
Hi:

PD 7 build 2416 was mentioned. CL web site lists the latest build as 2227c

Am I missing something?
You referred to "crash problems that everyone is experiencing" I am one user of PD7 that does not having any problems with PD 7. I find it very stable and it has never crashed. I have some issue with the design of the menu system and that is all. I think there are a lot of users in the same boat as me.
Hi Robert:
Sorry for butting in but I'm confused about PhotoNow.

I'm running PD 7 Deluxe build 2206.

You stated "PhotoNow is a separate program in Add/Remove programs.".

I have Vista and PhotoNow is not listed under "All Programs" or "Uninstall Programs" on my computer.

However., When I open PD and place a photo on the time line and click edit, PhotoNow opens ok.

What I'm confused about is that you say that PhotoNow is a separate program but it doesn't seem to be on my computer.

I always learn a lot from your great answers, in helping people with their problems.
I'm in the same boat as you. So what I do is: I edit my movie in PD 7 and produce it to MPEG2 and then use VideoRedo Suite to put a simple one page menu on it and burn it to DVD. When it comes to Menus, VideoRedo Suite does all sorts of stuff that PD7 doesn't.

As I said on this forum before, PD 7 is tops when it comes editing video but Cyberlink made a mess of the Menu Module. I hope they listen to their customers add all the recommended features, when they do the next rewrite

What you are saying Dafydd, is that if one buys a piece of software that purports to do something, in this case produce a proper menu and when it doesn't work you should buy another piece of software, from the same company, to do the job.

The logical question would be, if Cyberlink can write Power Producer to make menus properly, why can't they do the same for Power Director.
Dan: I have been using PD7 for about four month and I extremely pleased with it except for all the things you mentioned about menus.

I don't understand how Cyberlink could make such a wonderful piece of software like PD7 and completely muck up the menus part

One shouldn't have to, after buying PD7, use other software to turn an project.
Greetings All

I,m a newbie, I just started using PD 7 after having PD 6 for a couple weeks.

I just love PD 7. I find it extremely intuitive and easy to use.

I have one question: After I created a DVD, it plays in a loop. In Other words when it comes to the end it jumps to the front and starts to play over again.

Is there a setting I,m missing that will stop that.
Mike:

I had the same problem.

I cured it by using Video Redo TV Suite. It converts DVR-MS file to a mpg, with no quality loss. It helps you delete ads as well as a number of other chores.

I been using it for about two years and I love it.
Go to: