Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A Simple Menu, Please
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all.

I am using Power Director 7 and I have another question about menus.

On my video all I want is a plain static menu (like a colour board or one of my own photos) with two options, Play (ie the whole movie) and Scenes (leading to a submenu). The templates provided are too sophisticated. I don't want any of my video to appear on the menu. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert !
I posted something just along this line of question on the 17.th - I think it was. I want just the same as you, and can't get PD7 to give me that. I see today, that my post is taken off the Forum.....?
This, just to let you know that "you're not alone" !

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Ernie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 13:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm in the same boat as you. So what I do is: I edit my movie in PD 7 and produce it to MPEG2 and then use VideoRedo Suite to put a simple one page menu on it and burn it to DVD. When it comes to Menus, VideoRedo Suite does all sorts of stuff that PD7 doesn't.

As I said on this forum before, PD 7 is tops when it comes editing video but Cyberlink made a mess of the Menu Module. I hope they listen to their customers add all the recommended features, when they do the next rewrite

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again!
Well, I've used Nero - just because I have it.
It's really a pity that you have to use another program/or buy one - just to get the menu as you want it.
Let's hope it will be made right in near future!

Nina

Just something.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You might try this. I created a simple menu that has a main page of just the "Play All" and "Chapters" with a black backgound. The chapters page has 6 chapters (max allowed per page) and chapters highlight with a simple red checkmark. Nothing fancy. It is VERY important that when you define chapters in your video, your use a black chapter picture for every chapter. Do that by putting a black color board in your project and all chapters use this color slice as the picture. Also make sure that the "enable video thumbnail" is turned off. If you don't use a black color board for each chapter you will see that chapter thumbnail in the menu pages and my understanding is you dont want that. Keep in mind the black color board in the time line can be really small, like 10 hundreds of a second so you really don't know its there during playback. Just put one at the end of your project that all chapters use.

KISS (keep is simple sam) menu
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/5485

I realize my approach is not a straight forward. I am not pleased with the menu system in PD7 and have informed CL. It needs a major overhaul in my opinion. However, many things can be done, I find its just a mind game on how one might do it.

Jeff
1Nina
[Post New]
Jeff, thanks for the input and support of the concern.
In my post of the 17.th -( which is taken off for some reason...?)
I was describing what I miss:a clean sheet, without My Video or option to cut it, where you will have optins to put in exactly what you want; Title, chapters - or not, 1,2,3 pages, background(s), textoptions and motions.

Also, I was adressing the help-file.
I have had issues/questions along the way, which I consider valid - as in the Menu ex. which I could not find any pointers for in help/manuals.
The Forum is helpful, but when you see the massive postings - you would think that a little more expanded helpfile would be a benefit.
I think it would contribute to fewer mindgames!

Nina

Just something.
[Post New]
OMG, The KISS menu template is exactly what I've been looking for.
Thanks!