Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Try using the Lock to App or Custom Size options
Already tried that. Nada.
I'm trying to record a game segment with SR. However, when I try, I get this message:

So I go into the game, reduce the video resolution and retry. Same problem. No matter where I set the resolution, SR doesn't seem to recognize the change, even if I close the app and restart it. I use SR all the time for other things without a problem. First time recording game footage.
Quote Can you take a screenshot of your timeline and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it here? Also please upload or link to the produced video so we can see what you're seeing

I got up this morning and played the video. To my chagrin, the thing worked flawlessly.

I think something in Windows is corrupted. I have a similar problem with Photoshop throwing fits after a long session. Have to restart the machine to fix it.

Anyways, thanks for responding.
I have three still shots in the timeline, all of them .PNG format. I have the FADE transition at the beginning and end of each still. Problem is, only one of the stills is showing the fades.

I also tried JPG on one of them with the same negative result. Any ideas?
SR only has two options for incoming audio: microphone and system audio. While Windows 10/64 gives me several output options, none of them can be routed into the SR.

All's good. I have a freebie SR with the bells and whistles I need.
I have a professional music studio, which includes a standard MIDI setup routed through an ASIO device. So here I sit, trying to get SR4 to record the MIDI output. The options seem rather anemic for selecting various input methods.

I've read several forum posts related to system audio, how to make sure the right buttons are clicked, and so forth. Nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone in the community experienced with MIDI issues?
Quote The quickest way to find out more about PD's feature set is to use the F1 key to bring up the support webpage. Typing Favorites in the Index box will bring you directly here.

Yeah, I figured out the heart symbol was a "favorites," but didn't know how to add it to My Favorites. So simple. Thanks for the nudge.
Is there an easy way to find transitions, etc. in PD? I like to use the blur transition between clips, but it takes me a long time to dig through the transitions, fx, and so on trying to find it.

So I guess the question is, is there a way to tag a favorite item for safekeeping somewhere?
Try using a different browser. Also, I'm assuming you have a YT channel already set up. Forgive me, but I had to ask. cool
Prior to the PD 365 update, I could drag the BLUR effect onto a clip and it would be a short bar overlaying the clip. Adjustments could be made accordingly. Now, when I drag the FX onto the clip, the entire clip is covered. Double-click, right-click, left-click, clickety-click...nothing to get the blur effect modified.

How do I modify the length of an effect?
I thought I answered this but apparently not. Anyways, tech support had me D/L an update to the Screen Recorder. It fixed the problem.
Quote Choose anything from the drop-down menu and then set it to Off from Preferences. No need to change any sliders or do anything else - simply set it to Off.

If nothing shows up under the dropdown menu, make sure your whole audio chain is turned on and start at least one screen recording to verify that you don't get the pop-up screen. Then you can power it all down and see if SR behaves itself.

Alas, I tried those things, also. No joy.
Here's a hastily made video to show what I'm getting. I didn't bother editing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CRZEXHWgsQ

I'm using a screen capture utility (Action!) to capture a screen capture utility. surprised
I'm using Director Suite 365 Screen Recorder SE Version 4.2.9.15396, which is the latest version.

I'm doing video-only screen captures. I don't need a microphone. Problem is, when I turn off or disable the mic, the nag screen tells me I need to set up the mic. F8 is supposed to turn off the mic, but it does nothing... I still get the nag screen. Nothing in Preferences to permanently disable it.

The mic runs through a mixing board, which routes through an ASIO interface. When shut off, the screen capture software should not be able to "see" the mic.

I can get around it but still, having to click Cancel, OK, etc each time I click on Record is a PITA, Any better solutions out there?
Go to: