Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recording MIDI
Ricebug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2022 19:02 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I have a professional music studio, which includes a standard MIDI setup routed through an ASIO device. So here I sit, trying to get SR4 to record the MIDI output. The options seem rather anemic for selecting various input methods.

I've read several forum posts related to system audio, how to make sure the right buttons are clicked, and so forth. Nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone in the community experienced with MIDI issues?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a professional music studio, which includes a standard MIDI setup routed through an ASIO device. So here I sit, trying to get SR4 to record the MIDI output. The options seem rather anemic for selecting various input methods.

I've read several forum posts related to system audio, how to make sure the right buttons are clicked, and so forth. Nothing seems to work.

I'm not sure your whether your professional setup can be operated in this screen recording tool or not.

But, if it is similar with Line-in recording, what I can imagine is that you can just select the correct audio input device interface in screen recorder, and make sure the Line-in input is operate-able in your Windows system in advance.

Then, check the slider of the audio mix bar is at balanced position in screen recorder > audio settings, but not lean to neither of the speaker nor microphone side solely.

The above setup should work for general recording cases I guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17. 2022 23:13

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a professional music studio, which includes a standard MIDI setup routed through an ASIO device. So here I sit, trying to get SR4 to record the MIDI output. The options seem rather anemic for selecting various input methods.

Haven't dealt with MIDI for a long while but there are 2 issues that might have a bearing.

Does whichever version of windows you have support/have the right drivers installed
and
does SR have a constrained choice of inputs.

SR may have a limited choice of input, I don't know - only Technical Support might confirm that so raise a support ticket?

My previous win10 AMD system seemed to have more flexibility to configure audio than my current win11 Intel system - but I haven't really explored that in depth.

In case it's of any use, back in 2018, I wrote a piece on Virtual Audio Mixers in PDNews, which give enhanced flexibility for combining/handling audio from different sources. I've attached a copy below.

Be interesting to see what your solution might be.

Adrian
 Filename
PDNews Issue 9.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1943 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
144 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Ricebug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2022 19:02 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
SR only has two options for incoming audio: microphone and system audio. While Windows 10/64 gives me several output options, none of them can be routed into the SR.

All's good. I have a freebie SR with the bells and whistles I need.