Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I came across the following website with GoPro tips. http://www.chrisspooner.com/gopro-camera-tips-tricks-best-settings-advice
The following is a quote from this site.................

As standard the GoPro features a super wide lens, which is great for action shots as it allows you to record a huge field of view with the ever so cool fisheye effect, but for vlogging and using the camera in every day life the last thing you want is your face being bloated and warped.
“But wait, doesn’t the GoPro come with two FOV settings?” Yes it does, but this is where the problem starts. Not only is the 127° Semi-Wide Angle setting only available in 1080p, the actual quality of the footage is reduced dramatically. Apparently the GoPro simply crops into the image sensor to change the field of view, much like a digital zoom on a camera, so the quality is reduced and the image becomes grainy.

Thankfully I did find a workaround to use the camera to film non-action sports while avoiding the fish-eye effect. Simply record everything in the standard ultra-wide 1080p mode, then import your video footage into a 720p workspace in your favourite editing application. The footage will then be cropped to create the same field of view as the GoPro’s narrower option, except your video maintains its crisp quality using the full image sensor

Can anybody tell me how to accomplish this with PD9?
GoPro video is natively MP4 h.264.

Is this the best output to choose when producing? I want to keep the highest quality.

I'm guessing it's best to stick with the native format of the camera????
I've just done a clean install of Windows 7 and installed PD7 that I just downloaded from cyberlink. I had purchased and used this software with no problems on this same computer with Windows Vista 64.

The install appears to go fine, but when I try to start the program I get the error message "Powerdirector can only run under 1024x768 High Color (16bit) resolution or higher.

I've changed my resolution from native 1680x1050 to 1024x768 (and tried all my other available resolutions) but keep getting the same message. Of course, I'm also using 32 bit High color.

I have a 64 bit Windows 7.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled already - still same message.

Any ideas?

Gary Beach
I also get jerky captures with PD7. I have a Canon HV-10 HD camera. My computer far exceeds the necessary specs. It's defragged and has plenty of free space. I've read others on the forums with the same problem.

My solution has been to use Windows Movie Maker for the capture (which works perfectly) and then import the WMM file to PD7.

Gary
Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
Can I install PD7 on my computer at both my homes without buying a second copy?
What is the best format to "Produce" my movie. I want to import the "Produced" movie into Windows Movie Maker, so I can use the much better DVD Menu Templates that come on Windows Movie Maker, and also "Burn" using Windows Movie Maker. ( Actually, Windows DVD Maker )
I'm looking for the highest quality I can get in the final DVD.
Thanks
I need to install PD7 Ultra on a new computer. Do I just download the trial from the web and use my key?

What's the correct procedure to put PD7 on my new computer. I just purchased the software from the Cyberlink site a month ago.

Gary
Thanks for the suggestions. I did set the project to 16:9 when I started the project. I won't be able to do the "notepad trick" until this weekend. It's all on my weekend house computer.

I'll let you know how it goes. Just seems strange that it plays in the correct 16:9 on computers but 4:3 on set top DVD players.

Thanks again.
I assembled my project with photos and videos shot in 4:3 and 16:9. I skipped over "Produce" and went straight to "Create Disk". The finished DVD plays perfectly in 16:9 on several computers, using several different application to view, ie, WMP and AVG and PowerDVD. But when I put it in a DVD player for TV, it plays only in 4:3. Cutting off both sides. I've tried all the different aspect setting on the television itself, but no luck. I've also tried all the "format" options on the DVD players as well.

Also, I used a Cyberlink Menu Template #3 which has an inset of the movie about to be played and it does show up as 16:9 on the little screen on the menu. This template seems to just grab the first 15 seconds or so of the movie about to be played and put it ( in correct 16:9 ) in the template.

When I right click on each clip on the timeline, the aspect has a check in "Automatic detect".

Please help me. I've put so much time into this and I'd like it to show up correctly on a television, not just on a computer. Any ideas?

Gary Beach
I can't see a difference between "Cut" and "Remove" Could somebody explain to me. Also, "Copy" and "Paste" don't seem to work within the Timeline. Is there a way to drag trimmed clips from the primary video track to the PIP track. If not; it'd sure be a wonderful feature.
Go to: