Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import 1080p into 720p workspace?
garyrbeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2008 11:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I came across the following website with GoPro tips. http://www.chrisspooner.com/gopro-camera-tips-tricks-best-settings-advice
The following is a quote from this site.................

As standard the GoPro features a super wide lens, which is great for action shots as it allows you to record a huge field of view with the ever so cool fisheye effect, but for vlogging and using the camera in every day life the last thing you want is your face being bloated and warped.
“But wait, doesn’t the GoPro come with two FOV settings?” Yes it does, but this is where the problem starts. Not only is the 127° Semi-Wide Angle setting only available in 1080p, the actual quality of the footage is reduced dramatically. Apparently the GoPro simply crops into the image sensor to change the field of view, much like a digital zoom on a camera, so the quality is reduced and the image becomes grainy.

Thankfully I did find a workaround to use the camera to film non-action sports while avoiding the fish-eye effect. Simply record everything in the standard ultra-wide 1080p mode, then import your video footage into a 720p workspace in your favourite editing application. The footage will then be cropped to create the same field of view as the GoPro’s narrower option, except your video maintains its crisp quality using the full image sensor

Can anybody tell me how to accomplish this with PD9?