Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need to install PD7 Ultra on a new computer
garyrbeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2008 11:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I need to install PD7 Ultra on a new computer. Do I just download the trial from the web and use my key?

What's the correct procedure to put PD7 on my new computer. I just purchased the software from the Cyberlink site a month ago.

Gary
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
A registered powerdirector version can be installed on any PC, as long as its on only one.

As soon as you put it on the new computer and punch in your serial key, the old one will stop working. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

OnTheWeb is correct, however do not download the trial version, you cannot activate a trial version with a full version key.

You should have made a backup of PD7 when you originally purchased and stored on a disc or external drive.

If you do not have a backup, you will need to contact Technical Support, as you will require an upgrade patch to convert the trial into a full version.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots