Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut vs Remove
garyrbeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2008 11:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I can't see a difference between "Cut" and "Remove" Could somebody explain to me. Also, "Copy" and "Paste" don't seem to work within the Timeline. Is there a way to drag trimmed clips from the primary video track to the PIP track. If not; it'd sure be a wonderful feature.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Gary

Use Cut in conjunction with Paste to MOVE a clip on your timeline. Use Remove if you just want to DELETE it.

BTW, Copy and Paste seem to work fine for me.

Robert
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert(WA),

You wrote...
"BTW, Copy and Paste works fine for me".

But you're not saying that you've found a way to "copy" one of your edited clips from the Master Track, and then "paste" that clip into a PIP Track, right?

I've tried to do that and it hasn't worked for me, so I'd really like to know if I've missed yet another feature in PD7.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2009 04:37

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cranston

No, I was just referring to Cut and Paste in general. I don't know of an easy way to copy an edited clip to the PIP track.

Robert
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
But there is a workaround (which sounds more complicated than it really is!)

Highlight the edited clip and Edit --> Copy (or Control-C)

Open a new project (make sure you save the original project first).

Edit --> Paste (or Control-V) to paste the edited clip onto the timeline of the new project. That is the only thing that will be on the timeline.

Go to Produce and create a file - avi or mpeg.

Close the second project - no need to save it as all you want is the produced file.

Go back to your original project and import the file you just created, and copy it to your PIP track.

Hope that helps.

Robert