Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
dropped frames and jerky when capturing video
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2009 16:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a high end intel core i7 machine with 4 gigs of ram running windows vista ultimate. I have the most updated drivers, windows and version of powerdirector 7. I'm using a canon hv30 connected with firewire. When just watching the video using the powerdirector 7 controls it plays just fine, when i hit the record button it gets jerky and looks like crap! I do not need to defrag my hard drives and I have lots of extra space so whats the problem with powerdirector 7?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I've googled "canon hv30 capture issue" and I've come up with some Results and there are loads of issues mentioned - relating to tape and camera settings.

Please check your camera settings.

I don't have your camera, so I'd suggest you contact CyberLink Customer Support/Technical Support.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
garyrbeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2008 11:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I also get jerky captures with PD7. I have a Canon HV-10 HD camera. My computer far exceeds the necessary specs. It's defragged and has plenty of free space. I've read others on the forums with the same problem.

My solution has been to use Windows Movie Maker for the capture (which works perfectly) and then import the WMM file to PD7.

Gary