Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GoPro - best output question
garyrbeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2008 11:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
GoPro video is natively MP4 h.264.

Is this the best output to choose when producing? I want to keep the highest quality.

I'm guessing it's best to stick with the native format of the camera????
[Post New]
The "best" would be SVRT (assuming it works properly) if you are only cutting clips and doing transitions.
To enable SVRT your output must be the exact same as the input format.
For video that is unmodified SVRT is supposed to do a bit-for-bit copy of the source material. You'll know SVRT is working when it renders the main blocks of video 20x faster than normal.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT doesn't work with the GoPro clips. You can create a custom profile, but so far the closest I have come is a profile that SVRT works, but the video is grayed out in the produced video. I requested info from GoPro and all they could tell me is that it is H.264. I was hoping to get the exact codec that they use.

I have been using MP4 a lot for YouTube videos. It has to be rendered, so I don't know that it really matters as long as you use a format that meets your needs. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM