Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's still not working for me. I still can't change the color from black to whatever color I want. I'm sure this is a glitch. Anyone figure out a solution?
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

I'm not aware of any "Learn ColorDirector from Scratch" type courses. Udemy doesn't appear to offer what you seek.

Dave's suggestion of beginning with basic tutorials makes the best sense to me. When I'm trying to learn something new like that, I start with the most basic functions of the software.

e.g. with CDR, I'd start by practising basic adjustments, applying LUTs, creating presets etc.

Also, much of the theory & practice of colour grading and video colour adjustment is consistent across all software, so that reading/viewing a tutorial called "Colour Grading Essentials" that uses DaVinci Resolve would be useful for a CDR user, even though the GUI & functionality is different.

PIX

Ok thank you

Thanks. I meant more like a Udemy course or something like that.
Can you someone provide with something like a full class breaking down how to do everything in CD. I mean this program looks like Lightroom, I can use Lightroom but I can't use this.

i have the same problem. any solution yet? running on a dell xps 9560. thanks!

ps. i purchased the full version.

You too? Glad I'm not the only one. I need a fix to this soon
Anyone figure out a solution?

I really don't think you get everything, for PD18 subscription, you do get NB Essentials I and VII and Paint Effects. You are missing several modules, Art, Motion, Essentials II,II,V to name a few that were offered previously.

Any prior projects one may have had utilizing these other features will be unsupported with just a PD18 subscription.

Jeff

Oh I know, I'm just saying it would be nice if they added all of them. Those effects are pretty old at this point anyway
Quote The DirectorSuite is the Mack Daddy of all the Cyberlink programs, they throw most EVERYTHING at you.
Let it be known though, that upon expiration of the subscription, all those extras go "poof".

Nice. Now if only they would give us all the effects from tne NewBlue essentials suite lol
Quote Hello again,

It's concerning that your CDR8 doesn't appear to be functioning correctly on your PC. As requested previously, "Could you please provide a screen capture or screenshots illustrating your issue?" It's important to gather as much data/evidence as possible in order to set about trying to resolve this.

A screen capture would show members some basic information that may lead to a resolution:

e.g. When you go to Adjustment > Effects > Color Replacement, what happens when you click on the Original Color eyedropper, then select a colour from the preview window?

As stated earlier, I am unable to replicate what you've described here.

PIX

https://imgur.com/a/LPXD6ZF

Here are a few screenshots demonstrating the problem.

In the first screenshot it shows just a basic color change to the whole scene. I selected yellow as the original color and then selected green as shown in the second screen shot and it worked.

In the third and fourth screenshot I made a small box mask, tweaked the settings so that it turned blue then in the color selector I changed the blue to purple and it worked.

In the bottom three images I made another basic mask, turned everthing basically all black, Chose green and then it turns white. This only appears to be happening when I choose black with the color selector.

So that is what's going on.
I don't know if PD is different with Director Suite but I opened the software and I realized that I have at least 20 new effects from BCC and Newblue. I definitely didn't buy any so I'm guessing they were added to PD recently. Is this because of the content 5 premium pack?
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

The colour replacement function appears to be working correctly with CDR8, here. See this short screen capture:

I cannot find any reference to that being a limitation in the trial version, nor would I expect it to be.

Could you please provide a screen capture or screenshots illustrating your issue?

PIX

I have the full version and I still can't choose green to make a green screen. When I make something completely black and go to the color selector to change it from black to green the software automatically chooses white. This happens with all colors it always chooses white. This only seems to be happening when the original color I'm selecting is black, if I select white and then green it'll turn green.
Quote This is a user to user forum.

Have you tried contacting CyberLink support?
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

It's working fine now. Thank you
Quote My PowerDirector 365 was up so instead of renewing I decided to just buy the Directorsuite 365 but I don't see any of the programs. The Director Suite application manager shows PowerDirector but it's telling me to renew. What do I have to do?

Nvm. They popped up suddenly after restarting my PC
My PowerDirector 365 was up so instead of renewing I decided to just buy the Directorsuite 365 but I don't see any of the programs. The Director Suite application manager shows PowerDirector but it's telling me to renew. What do I have to do?
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

Perhaps I've just become used to using CDR & PDR in conjuction with each other. What you're suggesting would seem to duplicate the functions of PDR, which is a dedicated video editor & allows multi-track assemblage of complex productions.

I regard CDR purely as a tool for grading and adjusting clips to be used in PDR as part of a longer production.

There's nothing wrong with your suggestion, though I cannot honestly see any purpose not already catered for in PDR. Could you perhaps provide an example of its use?

Note that there is a way of communicating your thoughts directly to CyberLink by going to File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

PIX

I'm sure I just have to get used to it. I'm still new to CD but I just think that these little tweaks would make the experience more bearable. I use Photoshop a lot and the ability to pan with the keyboard and mouse is a life saver. For CD you have to use that little window. I know it's the same way for PD so I'm suggesting that Cyberlink do it for that as well.
I think it should. I don't see why CD only has a storyboard. A tmeline would make editing much easier. Another thing that should be added into an update or a future version is the ability to pan and zoom with a mouse and keyboard
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

Unfortunately, I don't think that can be done in CDR.

All adjustments can be copied & pasted from clip to clip, or presets can be created for ongoing use, but for keyframed adjustments where properties shift throughout the video, I cannot see any way to do what you're asking.

I did not have an immediate answer when I read your post, having never attempted that, but a few minutes of checking confirms it.

I imagine you have only keyframes(s) at the beginning & end of the clip, with colour shift applied. In this example, I've done that to change the colour of the jumper from red to purple with very simple keyframe settings. Hopefully, your adjustments will be easy to replicate.

It's quite possible I've missed something.

PIX

If the keyframe changes are long and complicated what's the easiest to go about duplicating them on a different mask?
Say I make an adjustment mask around a subjects's eyes and use keyframes to change the eye color from blue to green. I'd want to do the same thing to the other eye but don't want to do keyframe adjustments all over again. Can I just copy it and paste it? I know PD has that option.

Thanks
Quote The only apps that will install are the ones you don't yet have.

Oh ok but will I be charged annually for both plans?
What happens to my PD 365 if I change?
Quote OptoData answered first. He has the best answer. The trial limitation would be the problem. Notice in the video that you hesitate and did not follow the tutorial instruction to set the tolerance from 30 to 100%.

Below is my result in creating the green screen .

Ok thank you. It doesn't matter if I change the tolerance. It will only select white. I'm sure the full version would work as intended
Go to: