Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I copy a mask's keyframes?
[Post New]
Say I make an adjustment mask around a subjects's eyes and use keyframes to change the eye color from blue to green. I'd want to do the same thing to the other eye but don't want to do keyframe adjustments all over again. Can I just copy it and paste it? I know PD has that option.

Thanks
[Post New]
Hello Mouhamad,

Unfortunately, I don't think that can be done in CDR.

All adjustments can be copied & pasted from clip to clip, or presets can be created for ongoing use, but for keyframed adjustments where properties shift throughout the video, I cannot see any way to do what you're asking.

I did not have an immediate answer when I read your post, having never attempted that, but a few minutes of checking confirms it.

I imagine you have only keyframes(s) at the beginning & end of the clip, with colour shift applied. In this example, I've done that to change the colour of the jumper from red to purple with very simple keyframe settings. Hopefully, your adjustments will be easy to replicate.

It's quite possible I've missed something.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

Unfortunately, I don't think that can be done in CDR.

All adjustments can be copied & pasted from clip to clip, or presets can be created for ongoing use, but for keyframed adjustments where properties shift throughout the video, I cannot see any way to do what you're asking.

I did not have an immediate answer when I read your post, having never attempted that, but a few minutes of checking confirms it.

I imagine you have only keyframes(s) at the beginning & end of the clip, with colour shift applied. In this example, I've done that to change the colour of the jumper from red to purple with very simple keyframe settings. Hopefully, your adjustments will be easy to replicate.

It's quite possible I've missed something.

PIX

If the keyframe changes are long and complicated what's the easiest to go about duplicating them on a different mask?