Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I downloaded some packs from Cyberlink application manager but I want to move them to my other drive to save space on my main drive. How do I do that?
I don't want to save a virtual copy. I want to move from image to image without it asking me question.

Save your layers editing as PHI file or virtual copy before add other new pieces. A PHI file is like a PSD file that saved by Photoshop, but it is for photodirector use only.

Oh cool. Photoshop is what I'm used to but since I have the director suite I thought I would Photodirector as well. I wish PD had a pen tool and a history brush like photoshop
I was in the editing tab. I had a project open with about 7 layers and everything was going good. I clicked on a image at the bottom to drag into the layers panel, It asked me a question I clicked no and it collapsed all my layers, I couldn't undo, I had to start over, Kinda annoying so how do I prevent myself from making that mistake again on accident in the future?

Hi Mouhamad
Replacing colours of the "video" and replacing colours of the video through a "mask" does appear to cause different "effects"surprised.
Until Cyberlink can offer a reason on why this should be and because you can achieve the colour you want by going through other colors, is it possible for you not to use black to start with?
I'm sure you still need to learn the reason why, I think you've got a few people now wanting to find the answer.

Cheers

If I'm starting with another color say blue and I choose black to replace the blue it will work. But if I'm trying to replace black it won't work. It's like the program thinks you're not selecting black but rather a blank space.

Hi Mouhamad, here's a video I made a while ago about changing colour in a selection made on a video to GREEN.
Sadly, you can't change what type of KEY it is This particular video was made using ColorDirector 6, it was just an experiment to find out if I could make a usable Green Screen in Post, it worked nicely.
I've noticed that when making a selection area, using any of the Cyberlink products, you appear to effect the image using a "KEY". rather than making a separate layer, over the image, which would ideal for making solid colour OR even a grad of colour.
There are ways around this by using all the tools available, it's one of the few ( ? ) shortcomings of the software
Hope this video will help you. innocent

Yes I know if I adjust the sliders enough I can make a green screen but the simplest way is to make everything black and then choose green but that doesn't work. When I choose green or any other color the software picks white. This only happens with black. I can change the color from blue to green if I wanted to.

It does seem to happen when something is pure black (0, 0, 0) in a video. You don't even need to first adjust any adjustment sliders first.

Mouhamad, what did CyberLink tech support say about the issue when you contacted them?

Ash

They told me to make sure I have the latest update which I do and do update my Nvidia drivers which I did. Same problem, and also Photo Director does the same exact thing if it's black. I'm convinced that it's a bug
Just like in PhotoShop there are several ways to do it but Photoshop methods are easier and more accurate. The lasso tool is PhotoDirector is annoying because you have to keep your hand on the mouse while drawing it. I wish it had something like ColorDirector adjustment mask so I can draw the points around the object reverse the selection and delete the background.
I have this program as part of the Director Suite 365 so I figured I would give it a shot. Does this program have anything like the polygonal lasso tool or the pen tool in PhotoShop? I know it has a lasso tool but it's not as accurate as the one in PS.
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

Perhaps you're referring to the window shown below. If you have your view set to "Fit", that window won't be shown. When you switch the magnification to a higher %, the window will be present.

As Jeff pointed out, it's best to give a good description of your issue so that members don't have to try to guess.

PIX

Yes that window right there. Doesn't show up even if I'm zoomed in. They should do away with it and just let you zoom and pan with the mouse and keyboard.
You know that little window that let's you pan around? It's gone so how do I get it back?

It does seem to happen when something is pure black (0, 0, 0) in a video. You don't even need to first adjust any adjustment sliders first.

Mouhamad, what did CyberLink tech support say about the issue when you contacted them?

Ash

Haven't gotten back to me. I'll contact them again

Mouhamad, I'd have to agree with you, CL has done something different with CD8, it's the order of which corrections are applied. Since you are adjusting to get black background, this has significant consequence. What is extremely easy to do in versions prior to CD8, I've not found a way to easy do in CD8. Attached pic from CD7 works as I think it should and does not have the anomaly of CD8.

Jeff

So what is the solution?
Quote That video recording by Mouhamad proved to be very useful. The tutorials were not being followed again. I just duplicated what is seen in the recording. Near the end of the recording in the New Color section, the tolerance slider stayed at the default 30%. Moving it to 100% as shown in the tutorials solved the problem. Try it.

The problem I'm having is that the program will not select the color I want. If I have an all black background and I want to change it to green it chooses white all the time

With the unusual issues you seem to be having here and in the other threads, I'm wondering if it might be best to uninstall all of the 365 apps and then reinstall them. Right-click on the Start menu and use the uninstaller from Windows' Apps & features screen (assuming your in Win10), then reboot and open up the App Manager and install PD first, then CD and see if you can successfully export clips.

Reinstalling fixed the export issue
Quote Thanks very much for the recording. In it, I can immediately see that you're trying to do something that the tool is not designed for.

I understand that you're trying to create a black background by throwing the exposure, brightness, and contrast to their extremes, but you haven't fundamentally changed anything about the underlying details, and the color replace tool is trying to accomodate you but it clearly ends up out of whack.

What you wanrt to finished video to look like? Should the outer area be completely empty, only green instead of black; or are you looking to keep some of the outer details just with a greenish cast?

If it's the first one, it would be SO much easier to just create a custom JPG/PNG mask in whatever color and apply that in PD. If it's more like the second option, please provide a sample of what you're hoping it will look like so we can help you figure out a good way to do that.

I'm trying to make just a plain green background that I can take into PD and Chroma key. If there is another way to do that please let me know. I'm just doing what I've seen from tutorials.

With the unusual issues you seem to be having here and in the other threads, I'm wondering if it might be best to uninstall all of the 365 apps and then reinstall them. Right-click on the Start menu and use the uninstaller from Windows' Apps & features screen (assuming your in Win10), then reboot and open up the App Manager and install PD first, then CD and see if you can successfully export clips.

I'll try that out

As far as I can tell, nobody outside of this thread is having the problem.

I know you shared a series of screenshots previously, but maybe if you made a screen recording (as PIX has suggested), it would be easier to follow your exact steps. That way, other people would either replicate the issue or really see what's happening and provide an alternate way of selecting the correct color.

Here is a video. It only happens when it is pure black (0,0,0} if it's for example (0,2,0) for the rgb color space I can choose green or red or whatever color but I can't make the whole scene background that color.

CD Color selector

As far as I can tell, nobody outside of this thread is having the problem.

I know you shared a series of screenshots previously, but maybe if you made a screen recording (as PIX has suggested), it would be easier to follow your exact steps. That way, other people would either replicate the issue or really see what's happening and provide an alternate way of selecting the correct color.

I can make a video but it's only happening if the color I'm trying to change is pure black or pure white. It's as if the program doesn't recognize what I'm selecting. Could something on my PC be causing it?
ColorDirector is telling that PowerDirector is not installed and it definitely is https://i.imgur.com/mLmdSe8.png
It's still not working for me. I still can't change the color from black to whatever color I want. I'm sure this is a glitch. Anyone figure out a solution?
Go to: