CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Awesome! Thanks for sharing where the free trial links are. That is cool that the Transitions work with PD. Wonder why good ole PD isn't meantioned on the compatibility page for that product. I was really wondering if Titler Pro 7 Ultimate works with PD since it is part of TotalFX. Can you confirm that? It would be great if it works.

Unfortunately you can't install totalfx as a trial if you want to try it you have to buy it. I'm still waiting on their response but Newblue is like a store that's open for business but there are no employees in sight . It's very difficult to get a reply from them but if I do I'll let you know.

This is a pack of plugins that are not compatible with PD. I do not see an offer to download any trial versions of the plugins. Can you share the link to download the trial versions?

Thank you.

https://www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/ This for example is the transition pack, Download the trial and it'll install a Newblue installer sorta like Adobe Creative Cloud. Once it installs you'll see it automatically in PowerDirector

Here You can see it added a new category to the transitions. They are all watermarked but you can get an idea of what they do.
Quote The real question is Is it worth it to YOU?

I can't imagine getting my money's worth out of a $20/month subscription for video effects -- but I don't use a lot of video effects in my movies.

If having a huge library of effects is important to you, NewBlue is a great source.

Well more effects would defintely help my videos so I'm considering it but not 100 percent sure yet.

This product isn't compatible with PowerDirector Totalfx Compatibility

If you want NewBlueFX products that are compatible with PowerDirector you can get the 365 subscription and you can buy additional products at the NewBlueFX Legacy Product Vault.

I downloaded all of the trials of the packs that are in Total FX and they all worked with PD so I don't see why it wouldn't work but I messaged them on Twitter just to be sure.
Newblue has a monthly subscription for all the effects transitions in one package. The best deal is you put $230 up front and pay 20 a month. It is compatible with PD I know because I downloaded the trials and you have a lot of customization options.

But would it be worth it? For me to really make it worth it they would have to update the subscription with new packs as they get released but what do you think?

TotalFX
So the freeze frame feature is better than taking a regular screen shot?
I think PowerDirector needs more blending modes, at least 10. It needs a lot more stuff imo but that's what I want to ask for for now.
I have PD 365 if I switch to Director suite what happens to my PD 365 subscription?
Quote Hi Everyone!

I am trying to learn the ropes of videography. I have already recorded some events (weddings, sweet fifteen year old birthdays) and I am in the middle of editing a wedding. I want to learn how to color grade so that my video looks clean, crisp, and with rich and vibrant colors. I am having trouble with that though.

To have a point of reference, there's a recording that looks amazing

https://vimeo.com/313819075

I want my videos to look like that link I just posted up.

If anyone could please help I would really appreciate it. If you need me to send you some clips of what I have recorded so that you can guide me through the process of color grading I would be most appreciative. I have a google account so I could share the clips with you.

Thank you all!

Bump so you get the help
Instead of having them as seperate programs would you prefer if what you can do in CD can be done in PD? It will drive up the cost I know but to me it seems better than having two seperate programs.

Good or bad idea?
Quote Mouhamad, use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu to officially submit your request to the Cyber powers that be.

Thank you
Quote Ask them !

As you know by now, this is a users group. Since you are a user of sapphire, you are in a better position to tell us ! wink

I don't have sapphire, it's not available for PD but I know what it can do. It's just wishful thinking but I want Cyberlink to obtain a license or something.
if the makers of Sapphire chose to give it to Cyberlink? I would really love to have it.
Quote It's very easy, and this is a good example of how using keyframes in the PiP Designer is actually simpler than trying to do the same thing in the Crop/Pan/Zoom tool, because you have precise control over everything.

You only need to set 4 keyframes: Add one for Position and one for Height/Width to lock the fulls screen values at the start of your zoom,. Then go to the location where you want to be zoomed in all the way, and set the H/W sliders to 6.0 (the max zoom). The last step is just to drag the frame's position so that your target eye is in the center (using an even numbered grid will help), and you're done!

For the smoothest effect, check the appropriate Ease in and Ease out boxes for both sets of keyframes, and it will look like this:

Here is the packed project so you can experiment with it directly. You can even import your clip from the media library and drag it on top of the existing clip, then choose replace. Your clip will now have these keyframe settings.

Oh nice I didn't think about that . I basically want the zoom to be a transition When I go into the eye it goes to a different scene Thanks for the help
I want to zoom in on something specific like into someone's eye and I want the zoom to target that area only so it looks like it's going straight into the eye. The crop and zoom tool isn't working for me because I can zoom but I have to adjust the position and that makes it look not smooth. Is there anything I can do?

This post and pic may help you, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50151.page

Jeff

Thanks a lot
Thanks
I imported two folders and I thought that PD would make folders for me but it just put all the videos in the media room. Can I organize them into folder?
Quote Hi,

I recently bought an Insta360 One X 360 degree camera. Very nice piece of equipment.
The software which comes with it as desktop app is hardly of any use though except for exporting the clips,

So, I came across two reasonable editors:

http://360rumors.com/2018/07/collect-free-360-video-editing-app-android-adds-spatial-audio-horizon-leveling-improvements.html

as an app, and, you guessed it PowerDirector17.

Before I purchase PowerDirector I need to know 2 things though.

1) Will perpetual licenses fade out eventually?
That would be a dealbreaker for me. I left Adobe due to a similar decision. Subscriptions are a real pain for small companies.
i do not want to get into a situation in which I pay now for perpetual and than get forced into a subscription if I would want an upgrade to the next release later.

2) 4k and 5.7k resolution.
The Insta360 One X can do 4K and even 5.7K video.
If I purchase now PowerDirector 17 (not 365!), will it be able to handle the 4K right away? Without work arounds & plug-ins?
My PD17 Esssential (=Free version for trials) tells me I need an update for this.
Can the Ultra Version do this? Or do I need Ultimate?
Secondly will there be an update for the non subscription version so that it can handle 5.7k or more in the future?
All within PD 17 (or the future 1 and without workarounds or extra plugins?

Both of these questions are kind of essential as I have a big project coming up for which I need a proper 360 editor.

Last not least, is there a way to add a feature to make a 360 panosphere still image rotate in a 360 (not 2D!!!) video? Similar to as if it was taken with a panohead. That would be way cool. Even better would be an option to add hotspots to have a user choose different videos as branch off. But thats perhaps asking to much.

Thanks for any answers,
Fran

You can buy PD stand alone or get it as a subscription. The subscription gives you access to free stuff but they're not that good anyway. PD17 supports 4k but Im not sure about 5.7k. And as far as the 360 question. I know that you can edit 360 video but Im not sure about your specific question. Someone who knows more should respond to you.

Thanks for clarifying what you're seeing. Many transitions do not have a Position button in their control panel, but whenever I use a transition that has one, clicking on it will always cause PD to crash. This also occurs if there are Start and End Position boxes ansd I click on either one.

Cyberlink now has 4 crash reports from my testing, so be sure to post tthe CS number back here if you want to report this to CL tech support.

I sent a report. I wonder what's causing it to crash like that
Go to: