Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just out of curiosity, I restored the original problem avi from a backup, tried to repeat the error - the first 2 times, it worked OK, then the error repeated on the third test. I tried your workaround with several avi from xara, and it worked every time, thank you
it was an avi file generated by a very old version of Xara 3d. Was creating a revolving coin style logo that revolved while sliding across the screen. I'm at a loss as to the cause, it was a fresh install of xp as well as a newly purchased install of PD7; maybe just a corrupt file or possibly my video is bugging out. At any rate, the fresh install seems to have solved the problem, thank you.
complete uninstall and reinstall of pd7 took care of it
PD7 latest build, XP Pro latest updates.

I insert small avi file into overlay track, double click it to open the PIP Designer.

When I click on the motion tab (the second tab in the PIP Designer), PD locks up and I get the standard MS program error dialogue asking me to send info, etc. Program closes.

The AVI is standard 352 x 240 same as the aquarium avi, the aspect ratios are all set to 4:3.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks in advance
I did delete the full version, i'm still playing with a trial version though The credit will show up soon, so I'll be able to repurchase and download it and install again.

Just for the record, your instruction videos along with others are what changed my mind. Many of the best features of PD7 are not obvious at first glance to beginners like myself. Cyberlink and Digital River should link to them with emphasis in new customer emails and purchase receipts etc. - could go a long way to improve sales and minimize need for support

Thanks Dafydd

I purchased pd7, then changed my mind and asked for a refund, but they are taking a long time to credit the account... meanwhile i've discovered that i love the program and will repurchase it after they apply the credit (yeah i know, i'm indecisive). Will the software police come after me if i reinstall it and use it while i'm waiting for the credit!? I erased it from my computer per compliance with the refund agreement but don't want to wait forever for them to credit the account. I guess it is fair punishment for me to have to wait since i judged too quickly. PD7 is awesome
Dafydd

Thanks for posting these resources - you instantly answered about 20 planned posts

Thanks for all the work you put into the forum

-Scott
Robert

Thank you so much for your response - I've tried it and that is exactly what I'm looking for!

Cheers,
Scott
I have an avi file that I created with xara3d and it has a solid white background... it is a coin with a picture of my dog on it that revolves around. My question is:

How do I replace just the white portion background and make it transparent?.

If I could figure out how to do this, I could make some really awesome titles.

Thanks in advance

PS for those who have seen my other posts, i've decided to give PD7 a chance - i've tried all the other major video editors' trials and PD7 is the best for home movies in my opinion.
hmm maybe it is just my dvd player, it doesn't work on mine, thanks for taking the time to try it though, I appreciate that.

Thanks again for your suggestions - I'm checking them out
thanks dan for the suggestions, I appreciate it.

I wonder why everyone slacks off when it comes to dvd menus? I'm not talking about real fancy stuff, I mean simple things, like auto return to menu after chapter plays, the ability to put everything on one menu page and maybe a transition between menu pages... PD7 would be perfect if it had just those few little things and maybe some more text effects built in. You can't even push the menu button on the remote while the video is playing, you have to stop the disc, eject, put the disc back in to reload the menu.

I'm searching for another solution, and requested a refund for PD7 - it's awesome software but they need to get all the basics in, then i'll pay for it gladly, and would even pay more. Now I'm stuck spending $100 for something that will do what I need it to do, and have a crappy interface. I'm not a coder, and maybe it is more difficult than I think, but it seems like a day of coding, they could add these few little features, have the perfect product.
I have PD7 - Why don't they make an add-on for people who want these features - it seems like they would want people to keep using cyberlink products rather than using some third party stuff (one more program to learn). I'd pay extra for a addon for better dvd menu creation and i'd much rather it be something already familiar, integrated into PD7 - now it seems my only choice is to buy yet another piece of software to automatically go back to the menu after a chapter plays.

I get excited because the editing is just what I wanted only to be shot down by lack of menu functions.

They should have a better comparison chart of features so people know exactly what they are buying.

What other program is recommended to have better control over menu functions, please?
thanks!
I had same problem, was ready to give up. I'm sure you're aware that every install i different, but this is what fixed it for me.

I have xp, all service packs and updates, sound blaster live... everything imported clicked and popped... i have pd7 by the way, latest build... the solution for me was to download a codec pack... i have no idea why or how it worked, but i got klite's latest codec pack, and everything worked fine after that.

I'm not sure if links are allowed here, but google KLite Codec Pack... i think i got mine from freecodec dot com

hope that helps in some way,
Scott
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_33_ENU.html

Comparison chart, hope this helps... i'm not sure if there's a difference between the HE and DE but it looks like version 7
I zoom in by placing my mouse pointer directly over the timeline number, right click and select 'zoom in'
Figured it out, created a multi layered image in photoshop with transparent as first layer, selected and feathered the areas i needed, saved as png, produced it, then inserted it as first clip in project, works fine.
Awesome, thanks Jeff, that's much easier

Scott
The only way I could figure out how to do it was to manually select select each transition and delete.

You may find it helpful to put your mouse over the timeline and right click and zoom in.

Once you select a clip, you can quickly navigate to the remaining by holding the CTRL key down and using the arrow keys.

I hope this helps
Hi:

What software can I use to create feathered transparency windows over existing .mpg file, to use for motion menu? An example is something like 'template 3' in the default install for PD7.

Is there software that can easily do this, or do I have to break it down frame by frame.

Surely there's an easier way.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Scott
Go to: